1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Creating html/php pages that use the Xenforo header template

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by misterburke_, Jan 7, 2016.

1. misterburke_

misterburke_ New Member

Hey there,

New to Xenforo and I'm loving it so far. I've done a fair amount of Google and forum sleuthing but I can't seem to find an add-on or solution that easily does what I'm looking for. I essentially just want to be able to create HTML and PHP pages that are separate from Xenforo but load in the header/footer templates to keep the 'look' of the site consistent inside and outside the forum. I found a solution here but it doesn't seem to work.... but it was released in 2012, so I'm thinking it doesn't work with the current version of Xenforo:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/kotomi-generic-script-bridge.122/

Has anyone done this with the current Xenforo or have you come across a mod that would accomplish this?

2. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Maybe create a Page node? That's what we did to create som html pages that still looked integrated

3. misterburke_

misterburke_ New Member

Can I make those outside of the Xenforo directory? Or run PHP scripts in them?

4. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

They need to be in the xenforo node tree but you could hide them and then link to them by other means and you call also define a url for each page. You can create PHP callbacks. Try it out ACP > Applications > Create New Node > Page

5. misterburke_

misterburke_ New Member

Having them all in the node tree doesn't seem very practical because there will probably be 500-600 pages I need to template to look like Xenforo. Anyone else done anything like this? I've also been considering using the XenPorta 2 mod to try and create them all as "articles" and then handle them that way but it also seems a bit clunky. I don't mind managing and maintaining them outside Xenforo but was really hoping I could easily replicate the 'header' of the site without having to do a poor reproduction on my own.

6. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Take a look at Kotomi - Generic script bridge

7. misterburke_

misterburke_ New Member

That's what I was using but after going through that thread I found someone with the same issue and now I think I've got it sorted... thanks!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Did Xenforo's native Pages not work for you ?

9. misterburke_

misterburke_ New Member

Not for what I wanted to do they didn't, no.

10. wang

wang Well-Known Member

I have seen the code of that add on, and it should also work on the current version of xenforo. It is a great add on for this kind of thing.

cthutcthut likes this.