XF 1.1 Creating basic homepage pulling some forum information

mrGTB

I know there an option there when creating forums (nodes), to add pages and was wondering how easy it is to create a page used for the homepage link pulling some basic information from the forum onto it. Much like a Portal really and it doesn't have to be complicated with lots of features. Just something basic like pulling latest threads and replies on it would do just fine.

Are there any good guides how to do this fast, as I really do "NOT" understand the working of XenForo code in general to do it myself. I'm aware there's a Portal add-on by JAX before anyone points me in that direction, but it's not what I'm looking for here. I'm trying to stay away from using add-ons keeping my board running stock.

Cheers for the link, but I've just been messing around and I know HTML very well to use that with it. I'm happy to use it like a news page or for what-ever-else I can dream up later to be honest, plus I see there's an option to add more sub-pages with it I'll look more into. Which is pretty cool!

I've already been messing around and set-up the home page linked towards in navigation from option settings.

I'm curious about something though. When you click the HOME button navigation link, why does it not switch over to that button being "highlighted" (selected). Like if you click the members button that gets switched over too.

The home link doesn't work like that, there was quite a bit of discussion about it last year when XenForo was first launched.

Besides, if it's linked to the Forum or a page, then the forum tab will be selected, as expected.

Top Bottom