RM 1.1 Creating an auto download url

farmglitch

Can this be configured to upload content when the person on the other end is directed to a specific URL. When you go to this URL it will automatically upload a song to your computer. http://www.tunestl.com/resources/gutterspike.2/download?version=2

This is the same URL that you use on the phone and it works fine but if I copy and paste the exact same URL to another window it takes me to a Google search page. I would like to use a QR reader to put on business cards, Stickers, ect... I would like the link to take them directly to the song download. &yes user permissions are set so anyone even unregistered users can download.

Thank you for the help!!;)

Can this be configured to upload content when the person on the other end is directed to a specific URL. When you go to this URL it will automatically upload a song to your computer. http://www.tunestl.com/resources/gutterspike.2/download?version=2

This is the same URL that you use on the phone and it works fine but if I copy and paste the exact same URL to another window it takes me to a Google search page. I would like to use a QR reader to put on business cards, Stickers, ect... I would like the link to take them directly to the song download. &yes user permissions are set so anyone even unregistered users can download.

Thank you for the help!!;)
I think I know what I need but have no idea on how to do it. It seems that the person must connect to the server before the URL to the download is effective. I want to skip this step or at least make it automatic. I want it to be as easy as possible for people to download the music. Can this be done with some type of redirection program so the initial connect happens just for a millisecond but then they are redirected to the download?

I'm not sure what you're asking -- if you go to that URL, the file is served/downloaded. If you're pasting the URL into your browser and getting a Google search, that may be indicative of a problem with your browser configuration.

I'm not sure what you're asking -- if you go to that URL, the file is served/downloaded. If you're pasting the URL into your browser and getting a Google search, that may be indicative of a problem with your browser configuration.
The problem is that for some reason it doesn't work on my phone when I directly input the URL with out being on the website first. When I am already on the page it works great with the phone and on a computer the URL does what I want it to. Just not on a phone. Here is the QR code.

qrcode.20483486.webp

You were right Mike. Stupid App browser settings had to be changed. Thanks for taking the time to answer this question!! (y)

Top Bottom