Creating a YouTube Network Forum

=MGN=RedEagle

I currently run a forum for positive, friendly and mature gamers called =MGN= but I've noticed that a lot of gamers also want to record and share their experiences. This got me thinking, why not create a place where YouTubers can connect and collaborate and where gamers can learn how to become media creators?

Basically I want to create a YouTube Network that has many of the same benefits as paid-entry networks but for free.

What would you love to see in such a community? What addons would you recommend? Would you be interested in such a community?

I see a potential to integrate all platforms.

YouTube
YouTube live
Twitch

And so on and so forth.

You just have to be aware AdSense gets sticky when you recreate a "Google like product"

So I don't know what your monitization is going to be.

Dunno how connecting is going to work on live streams..

You just have to be aware AdSense gets sticky when you recreate a "Google like product"
Has youtube ever created a YouTube Network? I believe they encourage such creations but don't make them themselves.

Oh and does anyone know good plugins to integrate XF with Twitch and YouTube?

Has youtube ever created a YouTube Network? I believe they encourage such creations but don't make them themselves.

I believe you're correct here. They encourage them but do not create them.

Would you be interested in such a community?

Personally, no. But only because I am not really interested in the topic though I'd imagine others might be interested.

One point to consider, there are professional Youtube networks which many join once they reach a certain level and this gives a significant amount of support to Youtubers (access to studios, experienced staff to assist in all areas such as editing etc) so do bare that in mind.

Why do you think that?

Here's an interesting article.

I use this concept personally in many ways these days. I'd certainly consider it if I were thinking of starting another forum.

Then again, there are people who start forums as mostly a creative exercise or with the feeling that a membership of even 1 or 2 would constitute success and may perhaps even be preferable to dealing with a forum with many thousands of members.

So ultimately I'd need to know what your idea of success would be with this idea, and then you could use my reaction as a data point in your decisionmaking process.

Here's an interesting article.

I use this concept personally in many ways these days. I'd certainly consider it if I were thinking of starting another forum.

Then again, there are people who start forums as mostly a creative exercise or with the feeling that a membership of even 1 or 2 would constitute success and may perhaps even be preferable to dealing with a forum with many thousands of members.

So ultimately I'd need to know what your idea of success would be with this idea, and then you could use my reaction as a data point in your decision making process.

Hmm you sound like someone who has built a forum the hard and proper way. Ironically my most recent forum I spent about 3 days making (logo, wordpress home, forum page) and it took off nice! I did not think anyone would come... but I guess I found demand. I usually promote my forums socially rather than via SEO or article writing.

I like to start things here and there and see if there is interest. If there is I like to double down. If not I just leave em. I avoid spending time on graphics and stuff so the loss is minimal if the interest is minimal.

With this forum, the forum part of things would be just one component in a greater idea. Independent media creators empowering independent media creators.

Success in my mind is every question asked being answered in a courteous and insightful way.

I currently run a forum for positive, friendly and mature gamers called =MGN= but I've noticed that a lot of gamers also want to record and share their experiences. This got me thinking, why not create a place where YouTubers can connect and collaborate and where gamers can learn how to become media creators?

Basically I want to create a YouTube Network that has many of the same benefits as paid-entry networks but for free.

What would you love to see in such a community? What addons would you recommend? Would you be interested in such a community?
Youtubify script is awesome http://youtubify.vebto.com/new-releases

Top Bottom