Lack of interest Network Forums

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
networked forum would allow for bidirectional communication... message posted on siteA would be displayed on siteA and mirrored at SiteB, SiteC, SiteD, ... conversely, a response posted on SiteD would be displayed on siteD and mirrored at SiteA, SiteB, SiteC, ....

Origin of post display would be necessary for all sites other than its origination location. ...just a few points to consider for now.

RSS cannot get any of that done

precisely!

but we are only talking about message forums here... not contents of entire sites.
right now every site already has all there message forums set up as LOCAL, where you must signin in order to participate in a sites LOCAL forums.

when you set up one of your forums as NETWORK then it will relay messages back and forth to all other sites that have a similar setup on there message forums. you are basically bringing the NETWORK message forum to your site, where you now signin to your site as the messages are now relayed to all sites in the network.

We are only talking about message posts and replies ... attachements included.

@jmurrayhead I think you have something else in mind. An interesting concept could be that if you are NOT registered at a particular site, then your post/reply would show you as GUEST. If you ARE registered with exact same email address, then your post/reply would display whatever username that you are using for that site. interesting to contemplate.

@jmurrayhead I think you have something else in mind. An interesting concept could be that if you are NOT registered at a particular site, then your post/reply would show you as GUEST. If you ARE registered with exact same email address, then your post/reply would display whatever username that you are using for that site. interesting to contemplate.
I probably am. When I think of networked sites, I think of sites that allow you to participate with one username and password, to any of the sites on the network. You don't really have to "register" to other sites other than attempting to participate by posting a thread. The system would then start user stats for that account (post count, like count, etc.) for the site you attempted to participate on. That's my idea anyway...

But now I see what you're looking for.

just off top of my head here, but another concept would be capability to directly contact person who replied to your post from a remote site... view member card, start private conversation, etc.. endless possibilities.

Top Bottom