XF 2.1 Creating a translation for XF2 based on a XF1 language pack

Cassandra

Hello,

So far, the only reason I haven't upgraded to XF2 is the absence of a relevant translation for my local language.

I only wish to translate the front-end phrases so that the user interface would be in my language while the admin ux remains in English. Still, manually going through the phrases would be too tedious.

So my question is as follows: Is it possible to create a XF2 translation based on an existing XF1 translation? I suppose at least some of the phrases are identical. If there was a way to automate at least some of the work, it would help immensely.

Can anyone shed light on how I should go about doing this?

only wish to translate the front-end phrases so that the user interface would be in my language while the admin ux remains in English. Still, manually going through the phrases would be too tedious.
There is no front end vs back end phrases. All phrases should be considered universal.

So my question is as follows: Is it possible to create a XF2 translation based on an existing XF1 translation? I suppose at least some of the phrases are identical. If there was a way to automate at least some of the work, it would help immensely.
The current translations should carry over into the upgrade. So you would only need to translate any new or changed phrases.

The current translations should carry over into the upgrade. So you would only need to translate any new or changed phrases.
How can it be? When I try to upload a XF1 language pack it says that this XML file is no longer supported.
So you mean that if I currently upgrade my existing installation, with the foreign language, it should work incrementally so that I would only have to add the missing phrases?

Correct. If you upgrade a existing XF1 to XF2 any existing translated phrases will remain. I would try on a test site to ensure it works as expected.

Top Bottom