1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a Similar Addon?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Carlos B, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Carlos B

Carlos B Member

I recently imported from IP.Board, and I've been searching high and low for a quality addon that is similar to the one I was using before.

I am just wondering if there is anyone experienced with making addons that would be willing to create one for me.

The "hook" I was using for IP.Board was called Recent Topics, and basically it shows a box on the forum index (NOT SIDEBAR), and shows the most recent topics/posts with the topic title, author, avatar, last post info, and so on.

Would something like this be easy to create? And if so who could I seek for help?

The hook I had been using is below:
    http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4550-sos33-recent-topics/

2. Floris

Floris Guest

The sidebar one will work, just change the hook from sidebar to ad_above_content surrounding an if conditional to check against forum's index.

Weatherz likes this.
  3. Carlos B

Carlos B Member

Can you provide me with the link? I'm not sure which one you are talking about, as I've seen a few. :)

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Weatherz likes this.
  5. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

An alternative (if you're planning to use XenPorta for your portal) is to set up the index page layout and include the Recent Threads block on your forum.

Digital Doctor and Weatherz like this.
  6. Carlos B

Carlos B Member

Thank you both, I will probably go with RobParker's suggestion. Can't believe I didn't notice that!