1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a Server Status Page?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Snwspeckle, May 16, 2012.

1. Snwspeckle

Snwspeckle New Member

Ok so I need to create a server status page for my minecraft servers but I am unsure about going about this. Should I use page nodes or should I create an add-on that will show all the servers. Keep in mind that I have some PHP classes what are parsing data from my servers.

Edit: If making an add-on, is there anyway to create a "table" like template that adds another row based on the server returned?

Thanks,

Snwspeckle

2. kprojects

kprojects Well-Known Member

Do you have a program in cron or something writing to a text file with the status of each server? If so, on output you could add html to it and create an addon that will display the file?

3. Snwspeckle

Snwspeckle New Member

I am parsing the data with JSON in my other files which is the thing. The whole add-on system with Xenforo seems very complicated after reviewing it a couple times.

My problem with page nodes is the stupid route it creates, "pages".

Any idea how this site made their custom pages for servers etc: http://empireminecraft.com/servers/

4. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

They are using custom route-prefixes... you'll be needing basic PHP knowledge for that...
    You need to create an add-on to "focus" the route to one of your templates which will show the server status...

5. ragtek

ragtek Guest