Creating a page

With invision they made it real easy to create a new page. I mean real easy. With Xenforo I can't figure out how I would go about doing that. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
You go to Forums > nodes in the control panel, create new node and choose page as the type of node

You then add title, description etc. and your html content in the template field for the page.

There used to be an addon that allowed you to create content with the WYSIWG editor which obviously made it easier if you don't do html, not sure if there is still something like that.

If you don't do html, the workaround is to create a post, publish it somewhere private, and then copy the source code for that post.

Very much a clunky workaround but until there is something more user friendly, that is what their is.

There used to be an addon that allowed you to create content with the WYSIWG editor which obviously made it easier if you don't do html, not sure if there is still something like that.

If you don't do html, the workaround is to create a post, publish it somewhere private, and then copy the source code for that post.

Very much a clunky workaround but until there is something more user friendly, that is what their is.

Thanks for explaining it to me. Sounds like a pain in the rear but I'll figure out the html behind. It would be nice if Xen had it setup like invision. It's so easy to create a new page.

Thanks for explaining it to me. Sounds like a pain in the rear but I'll figure out the html behind. It would be nice if Xen had it setup like invision. It's so easy to create a new page.

The first couple you do will be a little learning curve, but then you can add sidebars to your page, modules, etc... It's pretty easy once you figure it out.

My only complaint, VB used to let you use a bbcode module... I preferred that over HTML most of the time.

I have used sites like these to do it as well: https://onlinehtmleditor.dev/

The first couple you do will be a little learning curve, but then you can add sidebars to your page, modules, etc... It's pretty easy once you figure it out.

My only complaint, VB used to let you use a bbcode module... I preferred that over HTML most of the time.
Yeah like the saying goes practice makes perfect.
I have used sites like these to do it as well: https://onlinehtmleditor.dev/
Nice thanks for sharing.

Unless you're going to be writing some PHP code to populate the page, you don't need that.

High level instructions for using it are listed right below the option.

1681590963705.webp

Unless you're going to be writing some PHP code to populate the page, you don't need that.
Yeah, I've done a few page nodes and don't ever remember anything about that. Just did it more or less as @Mr Lucky described. I do have some background with HTML, though, having managed a church website in the pre-CMS days. Someone coming to it "cold" might find it a tougher row to hoe.

With XF2, page nodes are much easier to populate due to widgets.

An easy way to cheat with html is to write the content in a post and copy the source code.

High level instructions for using it are listed right below the option.

View attachment 284655

I went to create node page. I manually entered a url www.example(.)com, title, description, parent node none entered the text in the template html and then clicked saved. Problem is I get this error:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a value using only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, - and _ characters.

My apologies. I didn't realize that error message was because was adding characters as opposed to just letters in the url portion. Thanks

Top Bottom