Creating a new widget

Redh

Hello all,

I have a small PHP script that checks the API of some gaming servers and displays whether they are online or not. At the moment I am calling to this script from an HTML widget using an iframe, however the problem is I don't always know how many results I am going to get back from the API, so fixing the height of the widget is difficult, and I don't really want to have a scroll bar. I'm also not really a fan of using the iframe anyway!

So it would be great if instead of this I could just display the contents of the PHP script directly in the widget so that it would resize according to the content results.

My assumption is that for someone who understands the XenForo widget system from a development side, this might be a reasonably simple task. However I am not that person, and I have been struggling to find documentation that gets me over the line.

Would anyone be willing to help me with this - I'll send you the PHP file I am using, and then you can take a look and send me the exact steps I need to take to create this as a widget on my website? This would also help me learn how to do it myself for the future. If my assumption is correct and this is relatively simple, I would be happy to pay a small fee, but if I am completely wrong then unfortunately I do not have the funds available to pay a lot for this, sorry!

Thanks for any advice / offers :)

Already had a helpful response - thanks so much! I should be set now, but I'll update this if I don't get anywhere :)

Top Bottom