XF 2.2 creating a moderator question.

Jeff Romard

Please be gentle I'm new :)

I recently took over a board and I'm kind of learning as I go. I added a new moderator and it seems he has all the mod tools but he can't seem to see the Mod forum. I checked the other mods and it seems all the settings are the same. I even went as far as to give him special permissions to view and still nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Click on the node permissions and set the View node permission to Yes for that member.

1622561313929.png

Or if you want all moderators to view it, do it at the user group level.

Did you actually promote him to moderator or just change user group to moderating? Is that member listed here?

admin.php?moderators/

If not, then you need to physically promote that member to moderator.

Whether a member is a moderator or not has no bearing on being able to view a particular node.

That is solely due to permissions.

Whether a member is a moderator or not has no bearing on being able to view a particular node.

That is solely due to permissions.
I understand that but he said he just took over the forum and he said all the other moderators can view the node except this one. I figured It was because the new mod wasn't specifically promoted to moderator and it would simplify permissions later instead of setting up individual permissions.

Promoting a member to moderator has no impact on permissions.

It is the act of adding the permissions to the member, or adding them to a user group which changes their permissions.

Top Bottom