Creating A Forum Homepage

The Grand Potentate

So its been brought to my attention several times that I need to create a homepage for the forum. I wouldn't know webpage creation from Shineola, so I was wondering what you guys thought would be a simple, effective method. Ultimately, I'd LOVE something fancy schmancy, but for now I think a simplistic approach would be best. Widget Framework page, maybe? Something I can cock up myself?

So its been brought to my attention several times that I need to create a homepage for the forum. I wouldn't know webpage creation from Shineola, so I was wondering what you guys thought would be a simple, effective method. Ultimately, I'd LOVE something fancy schmancy, but for now I think a simplistic approach would be best. Widget Framework page, maybe? Something I can cock up myself?

Cock up myself! :LOL:

...Anyways if you want tons of widgets, etc I would go with XenPorta. If you just want a simple Article List I would go with ExtraPortal.

@0xym0r0n has created this new "news portal" that seems to be quite interesting. I haven't played with it since I don't have $6 to spare. :P

I am using widget pages ( bdwidgetframework ) and some addons of our own on my site. It is easier to create pages now than before.

If you want to create your own homepage have a look at my mod. It supports plain text, bb code, html and/or php.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/1-2x-borbole-s-php-html-bb-code-homepage.2186/

Top Bottom