Created demo to test phpBB migration - having issues

I created a demo XenForo site in order to test the migration process and (hopefully) to give some users on my side the opportunity to evaluate before my company makes the switch. However, I'm having problems during the migration - and I don't know if that's a result of using the demo site or an issue with the migrator itself.

First issue is the migration process not finding my attachment or avatar directories. I confirmed that I can directly get to those locations with a browser, tried prepending with "../", and eventually just said "nevermind" and pointed it to my "styles" directory which it didn't complain about. After that, it starts giving me the following errors, which from another forum post suggests that the target filesystem is out of disk space? Can anyone help me understand if this is a limitation with the demo and if so - is there any way for me to examine a migrated database without buying the full license first?

here's the output from the migration tool:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Got error 28 from storage engine

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Moderator.php at line 97
XenForo_Model_Moderator->getContentModerators() in XenForo/DataWriter/Node.php at line 269
XenForo_DataWriter_Node->deleteNodeModerators() in XenForo/DataWriter/Node.php at line 222
XenForo_DataWriter_Node->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter/Forum.php at line 74
XenForo_DataWriter_Forum->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 69
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xfdemo/www/112/admin.php at line 13

Yes. The import tools are there and I figured, since I could create my own forums and what-not, that I could do an import as well and test not only the migration process, but the look/feel/capabilities of the board post-migration and use that time to work through any potential issues I might have. If I can't do a migration into the demo environment, is the only way to do an extended test to purchase a license and go through that process on my end and see what works and what doesn't?

Another +1 for Jake.

He has literally helped 1000s of people, many of which via direct FTP, Admin and even shell access to their servers.

If there's one guy to trust, it's Jake Bunce :)

Top Bottom