1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Create support forum user only sees own threads

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Morgain, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I need to provide an information and support service to a particular usergroup.

This usergroup should be able to post to this forum but NOT see each others' posts/ threads.
    [EDIT] What I mean is that the thread is visible to this user and admins for contact between them. Basically I don't want our admin Inboxes overflowing with these support posts.

Notification on their posts go to admin. I guess I'd have to start the thread logged in as them. Would be nice if not necessary.
    Actually I want their post to go to a selected one of 3 support admins but I will need an addon for that.

How do I do this?

2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

You could go to the node permissions of the desired node, click the edit the usergroup's permissions in that node and set revoke to the following:

nodeperms.png

In terms of alerts, you could allow your admin group to use [bd] Forum Watch.

Just an idea ;).

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Thanks very much.
    If I Revoke like that on this selected forum ...
    I guess I'd have to log in as every user in the usergroup to create their support thread. If I create it as myself (admin) they won't see it?

4. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Revoke can be overwritten by having Allow at a higher tier group.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon Well-Known Member

Exactly, either your users will have to open the thread themselves, or you'll have to create it for them using their account.

Jake Bunce and Morgain like this.