XF 1.3 Create Master Style

Neil E.

My test forum does not list a Master Style in the style choices (it used to). Somehow I have managed to remove it. All my TM core mods are in place and working. Everything looks fine as to the various customized components. The default style has never been altered so maybe it could be the basis for a master style replacement.

How does one restore the Master Style?

I see what's going on. I must have done some experimenting a long time ago and created a style called "Master". It shows when not in debug mode, but is not actually the master style. The real Master Style cannot be chosen as a style choice (correct way to have it).
Thanks Brogan.*

debug off Style 2.webp

debug on
Style 1.webp

*does it seem like this place is "adult daycare" sometimes?

More comparing between production and test forums:
Test was upgraded from 3.4 to 3.6 today and has 445 master templates.
Production was just upgraded from 1.2 to 3.6 today and has 450 master templates.

Both were upgraded from the same XF upgrade file. Both are OK on a file health check. Why the difference in templates?

Both were upgraded from the same XF upgrade file. Both are OK on a file health check. Why the difference in templates?

File health check has nothing to do with templates. Templates are not files, not in the file checksum list. If you need to rebuild your master style because you edited it directly navigate to www.example.com/install and do a master rebuild.

However plugins add templates, so if one site has a plugin the other doesn't...

Good information, thanks.
I did a "rebuild master" on both forums. Both forums only have two addons. "Enable debug from home" plus my own addon "TMcore changes". They are exactly the same between forums. The production forum did have several previous addons that were removed before the upgrade.
TEST has 445 master templates + 5248 phrases
PROD has 450 master templates + 5232 phrases
All customizations match between forums. I thought rebuild would remove unused templates.

Top Bottom