XF 1.5 Create a closeable Overlay over certain page?

Abarax

I'm not experienced enough to really know whether this is fully possible, but is it possible to create an overlay for a page, which will be closeable after a select time which you can use to display text such as rules, or tips?
Similar to sites that prevent you from doing anything unless you disable Adblocker? (Only I don't want it to be adblocker specific as I don't run ads, nor do I want them to have to disable something to close it. Just a timer of 15 seconds)

If anyone has ideas as to how I could go about with this I'd be appreciative. Thanks.

Also, sorry if this is the wrong sub.

You can do something like this with a floating notice (depending on how much text there is), using the display duration setting. You can create these in List Notices in the ACP.

You can do something like this with a floating notice (depending on how much text there is), using the display duration setting. You can create these in List Notices in the ACP.
Yeah but with the Siropu chat, when you try to make the notice have any paragraph headings, if you do <p> text </P it cascades the chat to the right and messes everything up. I haven't found a fix for that but the only end-through I can think of is just overall a fullscreen notice :/

Yeah but with the Siropu chat, when you try to make the notice have any paragraph headings, if you do <p> text </P it cascades the chat to the right and messes everything up. I haven't found a fix for that but the only end-through I can think of is just overall a fullscreen notice :/
You need to contact the author about this, any add-on should not affect basic functionality of XenForo.

Top Bottom