CrazyEngineers Forum Migrates To XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forum rules are one thread per forum so I have merged your latest thread with your existing thread.

The threads are unrelated.
Merging unrelated threads just makes things confusing.
Please reconsider.

Disclaimer: This isn't a forum critique thread but rather a demo of how WordPress & XenForo can be tightly integrated to offer uniform browsing experience to users.
Cool !
What you are looking at is WordPress Integrated With XenForo :) . Users can login from Wordpress, get notifications, alerts, mini-user-profile in sidebar, XF-widgets and so on. Watch the perfect integration of 'Google Custom Search' which helps a *lot* if your site goes beyond XenForo.
Cool !
Credits: The magician who helped us achieve this integration is none other than Bambua aka Rich. His XenDynamic theme is an amazing piece of work and I must say he's an extremely talented programmer. Working with him makes you feel awesome.
Awesome !

@Digital Docotor: Thank you. Let me check what's going on with Small Talk.

Google results appear only once to me. Bambua and I checked this twice. :confused: Working fine with Chrome/FF on Mac.

it looks clean and nice. Not a perfect integration with the main design (well, the menu in XF gave me some headaches too), but still very good. You can tell it's from that site, so it works. Good luck with the site :)

...Sorry, we discovered few bugs after going live. We're back to the old design and now testing everything thoroughly.

it looks clean and nice. Not a perfect integration with the main design (well, the menu in XF gave me some headaches too), but still very good. You can tell it's from that site, so it works. Good luck with the site :)
The design you saw is actually the old version and it's not integrated. We're back to our old design because of few bugs we discovered after going live. I'll update this thread when we go live with the new design again.

Hey TheBigK -
Can you ask your engineering friends if they have ever heard of of seen a power bar that will turn on power to it's outlets depending upon temperature ? I want my little space heater to turn on based on the temperature.

Seems like it should be easy ? :)

I saw someone do something like this ... but I want it to be easier !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/imager/4991240463/

Anything Off the Shelf ?

If not, tell them to make one.

Seems like a no-brainer product idea, likely to save energy by not over heating a room.

Thanks !
:)

Digital Doctor pointed this thread out to me, looks like you might be using my plugin as well? If you are, how're you finding it? Let me know if there's anything I can be of assistance with :)

Digital Doctor pointed this thread out to me, looks like you might be using my plugin as well? If you are, how're you finding it? Let me know if there's anything I can be of assistance with :)
Well, we just made our WordPress look like Xenforo; but there's no integration at the moment. I really want someone to integrate Login, Menubar (inbox notifications + alerts) along with sidebar profile with WordPress.

But I haven't found anyone who'd do that.

PS: I bought your plugin long time ago; but couldn't use it.

Well, we just made our WordPress look like Xenforo; but there's no integration at the moment. I really want someone to integrate Login, Menubar (inbox notifications + alerts) along with sidebar profile with WordPress.

But I haven't found anyone who'd do that.

PS: I bought your plugin long time ago; but couldn't use it.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. What prevented you from using it? I'd certainly be happy to help fix it with you, if you still wanted the login integration.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. What prevented you from using it? I'd certainly be happy to help fix it with you, if you still wanted the login integration.
Well, I do want it. In fact, I had initiated a conversation on your site; but it didn't get any response. I'll initiate a conversation here so that we can discuss this.

Well, I do want it. In fact, I had initiated a conversation on your site; but it didn't get any response. I'll initiate a conversation here so that we can discuss this.

That's very odd, I'm sorry if I never replied to the conversation on my site - I must simply have overlooked it :( I've just replied here.

Update :

I'm happy to report that Xenforo now becomes the 'core' of our website. We ditched WordPress, moved all our articles to XF and now the site is 100% Xenforo. (y) . Users have loved the move and now we'll enjoy all the benefits XF offers. We no longer have to worry about WP integration and will now avoid creating content at two places (WP and XF).

Jake Bunce Magic

This move was possible because of the ever amazing 'The Jake Bunce'. I have no words to thank and appreciate this guy. Jake handled import of posts from WordPress to Xenforo and even helped me move XF from subfolder to root and setup proper redirects. He also helped fixing few broken .htaccess rules and cleaned up the html that got carried over from WordPress. Jake's help saved me a ton of efforts, time, worries and possible downtimes. I was 1000% confident that with Jake handling the move, nothing would go wrong.

This also makes us ready for the next wave of interesting stuff we've planned. Thank you, Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom