CrazyEngineers Forum Migrates To XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm noticing a lot of Wordpress sites using Disqus to help drive traffic but my concern would be the separate login issue. Is anyone using Wordpress with Disqus as their front end and Xenforo for forums? If so, how is having separate logins for Wordpress and Xenforo working out?
TheBig K did :)

Yeah and I must say it was one of the boldest decisions I took for CrazyEngineers. It also turned out to be the best decisions I took. I was absolutely in love with WordPress - but now looking back; I realise how much of my time was spent in stupid, unproductive things.

Disqus - I don't even want to hear that name again! It was discuss that caused our traffic to go down. Thankfully, we survived. WordPress may by an ideal choice for those who want to run blogs. But for those who're running xenForo; I'd recommend sticking with XF only and not use it in combination with other software or CMS. The add-ons released by talented people here will get you done 99% of the things.

With wordPress, we were creating content at two places and couldn't give our users a uniform look and feel all over the site. It turned out to be a bigger trouble than I initially thought.

I love xenPorta and keeping my fingers crossed that KAM will release an official CMS addon that can act as a front end for any community powered site.

Hi, @TheBigK are you still on xenporta or do you use CTA Featured Threads?

What have you done with the wordpress articles and content, was there any chance to save it? We have actually the same problem: Wordspress & XF but the WP is not engaging for the XF.

@Andre Daub - Yes, we migrated to XenPorta long time ago. We've got add-ons developed on the top of XenPorta so there's no question of switching over to CTA Featured Threads.

We moved all our Wordpress content to a section in XenForo and then had all our mods move it to appropriate forum sections. It was a pain, but I'm glad we did it all. We lost all our backlinks in the process and got our PR down from 5 to 4. It's only recently that we began restoring our most important backlinks manually.

Overall - it was a long process and involved lot of efforts; but we're happy about the end result.

@shimspedy - Yes. The only issue we faced with XenForo is that it was super difficult to find developers. We wanted custom solutions; and finding the right people to develop those was difficult.

Surprisingly, I found it super easy to develop a custom forum + other web applications using Laravel. Our solution has ~5% of the functionality; but it solves all our problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom