1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crawler / Spider Name Add-on?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Sheldon, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Was this moved? Renamed, changed? I cannot for the life of me find it, and I am almost 100% certain I have seen it on here before. :cautious: If not, has anyone created this add-on? (y)
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

One of the developers or moderators said it was impossible at the moment.
  3. Sheldon

I have the one listed here installed....
    The8thLegion likes this.
  4. Sheldon

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Oh wow didn't even see that one. I wish I could remember who said it was impossible or I would've requested it too.
  6. Sheldon

I knew I had remembered seeing it, just couldn't remember where it was. Finally had to go through each forum one by one... couldn't remember if it was in RM, skipped over it twice in [Archive]..... finally found it. Seems to be working fine on my end though.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It works for me too. I didn't like that clicking on a bot's member card led to my profile so I changed the profile ID in this part of the code:

if (!in_array($session_data['isRobot'], $spider_array))
    $spider_array[] = $session_data['isRobot'];
    $records[$key]['user_id'] = (int) 207;

I also updated my robots.txt file: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/robots-txt.16735/

Now researching on how to add user agents to the spider file like I used to do on vbulletin.

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I think this is the thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/guests-accumulating.11621/

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I think we still need a separate addon so that the add on can do this:

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

11. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

Is there any way that I can modify this so that only Admins can see the bot names and members cant see the bot name. It just appears as a guest to them?
  12. bottiger

bottiger Active Member

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

14. Sheldon

Not sure why I was quoted... haha.

I have no clue what it does, I removed it a long time ago. Only used it for a couple days, if that.