Browser issue Crashes in the new thread form on mobile

CyberAP

Affected version
Beta 4
When using both quick and regular new thread form the whole screen freezes and stops reacting to touches, later it goes partly black and blinks. Probably gpu running out of memory. This could be just my device though, trying to replicate this on other sites, no luck yet.

OnePlus 3t, latest Chrome, Android 7.1.1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170928-004102.webp
    Screenshot_20170928-004102.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20170928-003515.webp
    Screenshot_20170928-003515.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 24
Trying to find a cause for these freezes. From desktop performance analysis it seems like every time you type a letter there are multiple new nodes created, so after writing 2 lines of text node count increased from 3946 to 5783.

1506631111936.webp

Almost the same story from mobile performance snapshot:

1506631661398.webp

See these 2 straight lines in JS Heap? These were the exact moments when the phone froze for a couple of seconds but was able to free up some memory and reestablished reacting to touches, it also brought back the keyboard which ran out of memory and crashed. The keyboard I am using is SwiftKey.
One thing I am not sure about is why the node count dropped later on, this did not happen on PC. Also on mobile the page feels very unresponsive and slow if you type 6-7 lines of text.

These were the exact moments when the phone froze for a couple of seconds but was able to free up some memory and reestablished reacting to touches, it also brought back the keyboard which ran out of memory and crashed. The keyboard I am using is SwiftKey.
One thing I am not sure about is why the node count dropped later on, this did not happen on PC. Also on mobile the page feels very unresponsive and slow if you type 6-7 lines of text.
Any change if you switch to the stock keyboard?

Just tested this on XF1, same thing. I think I figured this out, if I switch to Russian this issue goes away, so apparently it has to do with spelling autocheck. If I write in English all the text is marked red, no matter what, now I have to find out how to disable that.

Top Bottom