1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cover Image For Login Form

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by raybees, Jun 15, 2016.

1. raybees

raybees Member

Hi Everyone.

I am trying to make a descent landing login page for a locked forum. So only if the user is not logged in or trying to access a resource they do not have permission to visit will they see the login landing page. It made sense to modify the error_with_login template and i managed to make it work just for testing purposes

So currently I have set permissions so only people who are logged in (and upwards to admin) can see the forum contents.

I can make a presentable image of sorts modifying the login form error template so that when a visitor browses to the site they will see a crude image with instructions asking them to register if they want to use the forum. But - its not very presentable. ( ) This is just a prototype btw.

I would like to create a seperate landing page which is just an image background with the login form function as it is, triggered under the same rules.

Simlar to this
    https://www.teslamotors.com/ except the form fields showing where the buttons are.

If someone could point me in the right direction to achieve this it would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016