Couple of pre-purch questions

Tott3

Heya, i'm thinking of..nei, i AM buying a XenForo license and as everyone else, i got a couple of questions.

Question #1:

Lets just start with the requirements. I already got a webhotel and just spoke to the support about what services and versions they are running on their servers, this is what i got.

Aubrey: PHP : 5.3.8, MySQL : 5.0.51. Everything is supported except for SPL which support is limited.
Aubrey: For SPL, Interfaces enabled are:
Aubrey: Countable, OuterIterator, RecursiveIterator, SeekableIterator, SplObserver, SplSubject
Aubrey: And Classes are:
Aubrey: AppendIterator, ArrayIterator, ArrayObject, BadFunctionCallException, BadMethodCallException, CachingIterator, DirectoryIterator, DomainException, EmptyIterator, FilesystemIterator, FilterIterator, GlobIterator, InfiniteIterator, InvalidArgumentException, IteratorIterator, LengthException, LimitIterator, LogicException, MultipleIterator, NoRewindIterator, OutOfBoundsException, OutOfRangeException, OverflowException, ParentIterator, RangeException, RecursiveArrayIterator, RecursiveCachingIterator, RecursiveDirectoryIterator, RecursiveFilterIterator, RecursiveIteratorIterator, RecursiveRegexIterator, RecursiveTreeIterator, RegexIterator, RuntimeException, SplDoublyLinkedList, SplFileInfo, SplFileObject, SplFixedArray, SplHeap, SplMinHeap, SplMaxHeap, SplObjectStorage, SplPriorityQueue, SplQueue, SplStack, SplTempFileObject, UnderflowException, UnexpectedValueException

Will XenForo run with these classes or do i need a less limited webhotel?
I wouldn't mind getting a new one, partly becuse this one can be fairly slow time to time, tho their support is awesome and mostly becuse i want XenForo, it looks awesome. I'm currently using one.com and if it's not capable of running XenForo, i wouldn't mind some suggestions of sites where i can rent a webhotel that can run XenForo. I'd prefer a fairly cheap webhotel, yet not too cheap, usually get what you pay for. Tho i find it unnessesary to pay for a webhotel supporting .NET as XenForo dosen't require it, usually costs way more. You get the point.

Question #2:

I know how it works with the license, such as 1 installation per license and so on as i was looking around this forum to read some other pre-sale questions from other people. Tho it brought another question to my mind. I found this "1 installation per license" a bit unclear, does this literally mean 1 installation per license or am i allowed to reinstall it if i like? Am i allowed to uninstall it and install it elsewhere? Point being, if i want to change webhotel later on, do i have to get another license or is it enought to uninstall it from the first one and install it on the new one?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any replys in advance.

There is a script which can be run to confirm the server specifications meet the requirements:
XenForo System Requirements
  • PHP: 5.2.4+
  • MySQL: 5.0+
  • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
  • PHP safe_mode off
Download the requirements test script.

You can uninstall and reinstall the software whenever you want. You can only have one publicly accessible installation at any one time though.

The FAQ covers both of these questions and others: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

I did run that and it said "Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements. XenForo also requires MySQL 5.0 or newer", therefor i made a ticket to my webhotel support, just to make sure even tho the chances someone running lower then 5.0 is very very small, so tought i'd ask about the other ones aswell while i was talking to them. Then they said that thing about the limited SPL, so got a bit concerned and tought i might aswell ask over here if it matters or not.

For the FAQ, i did read that but i tought it was a bit unclear
as i said in the main post, didn't really say i read the FAQ, but other posts. Tought it was a bit unclear as it says "Each license permits you to install the software once." and i got a bad habbit of taking some stuff very literally :P

Cheers for the reply tho, will most likely be a new XenForo customer in a couple of days.

Tott you can also run a "test" install on the same site.
Only it mustn't be open to public registrations, and you can only use it for testing like add-ons or design work.
I have accounts on my test install for a few coders who help me out, and I also make dummy users for tests.

Top Bottom