Couple errors

Will

I am getting an error when I try to associate my facebook account. It says: An error occurred while connecting with Facebook. Please try again later.

I get an error when I tried to import a database. It says: The table prefix or database name is not correct.

I am not sure why I am getting these errors but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

first error is probably bad facebook application settings.
second error :
do you have a custom prefix for vB db? or is it the default vB prefix?

first error is probably bad facebook application settings.
second error :
do you have a custom prefix for vB db? or is it the default vB prefix?

The facebook should be setup correctly as I have had it setup before but I just changed the url to match the new one. I also even made a new application just to check to see if that was the problem but it still gives the error.

I used the default vB prefix.

Leave the prefix blank, do not put anything in that box.

If it doesn't work then you do not have the default vB prefix. fo to phpmyadmin and find out what your prefix is.

If you don't know how to do that.. open config.php from your vb installation and search for table prefix

Well I've double checked info just to make sure and everything is correct. Maybe I am missing something during this process.
I select vBulletin 3.7/3.8 and I get that error when I put my info in.

just put what ever you see in you vB config file

ftp your vB site go to the public folder and navigate to your include folder, find config.php download it
and open it with notepad
look for this :

$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'database name' -----------> database name is the database name,

$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = ''; -------------> This is your prefix , if you have default install then it should have nothing between the quotes
$config['MasterServer']['username'] = 'myusername'; ------> myusername is the user name
$config['MasterServer']['password'] = 'mypassword'; ----------> mypassword is the password

that's the info you need to fill in the form with.

Ok, it could be you are entering the wrong database name?

if you are on a shared hosting, it's a common thing for the host to ad a prefix to your database name (not to be confused with your table prefix)
so let say you think you named your database blaData in reality it's MyUserNameatMyHost_blaData

I'll look into that ;)

I have a VDS with GoDaddy. Yea I know I hate them but it wasn't my choice so oh well. But I know what your talking about. They use a prefix on their database name but I had already had that correct.

I'm still wondering if it has to do with something with the server but at the same time I'm also thinking that it wouldn't work at all if that as the case. It would be nice to see if a developer could help with this maybe they would have an idea.

Still need help figuring this out.

Will, the information in your vB config.php file is definitely correct or your vB forum would not be working. Double check that the DB information you are entering into XF's importer matches that of your vB config file. Is your XF installed on the same dot com as your vB, or did you have to copy the vB database over to your XF?

Top Bottom