Country Flags by IP Address [Deleted]

@Snog, How to getting user Country Flags from "User Registration IP" ? What Cron Entries used this add-on? Some user Country Flags are not showing because user are not do login after installed this add-on.
Flags are not obtained from the user's registration IP. They are obtained each time they log on the site.

From the add-on description:
Shows what country your members are in based on their current IP address.

There is no cron task for the flags. A user must log in for their flag to appear.

Would be really awesome to have an option to automatically disable this feature for countries commonly used with proxy servers like Vietnam, China, Russia, Ukraine, etc

Would be really awesome to have an option to automatically disable this feature for countries commonly used with proxy servers like Vietnam, China, Russia, Ukraine, etc
To be honest, I don't see that happening for a couple of reasons.

1) Many sites use this as an aid to detecting those using a proxy.
2) Some people in those countries do not use a proxy.

Hey ya'll. Wondering if anyone knows how to have the Privacy option unticked by default.

Love the add-on by the way. Thanks for creating it.

Hey ya'll. Wondering if anyone knows how to have the Privacy option unticked by default.

Love the add-on by the way. Thanks for creating it.
It's not possible without altering the database. When the add-on is installed all members are set so everyone can view their flag. The option is an 'opt out' option. Not an 'opt in' option.

Oh....is there a query I can run or edit I can make to have everyone opted out by default?

Edit: I ran the query UPDATE `...` SET `...` = 'none';
It works, but new users aren't opted out by default. Anyway to do this?

Last edited:
Oh....is there a query I can run or edit I can make to have everyone opted out by default?

Edit: I ran the query UPDATE `...` SET `...` = 'none';
It works, but new users aren't opted out by default. Anyway to do this?
Database query:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `xf_user_privacy` CHANGE `snog_flag_view` `snog_flag_view` enum('everyone','members','none') NOT NULL default 'none'

Also edit the library/Snog/CountryFlags/Datawriter/User.php file...

change this:
Code:
$fields['xf_user_privacy']['snog_flag_view'] = array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'default' => 'everyone', 'verification' => array('$this', '_verifyPrivacyChoice'));

to this:
Code:
$fields['xf_user_privacy']['snog_flag_view'] = array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'default' => 'none', 'verification' => array('$this', '_verifyPrivacyChoice'));

Last edited:
This is a great add-on and I had it for quite a while whithout any issues whatsoever.
But for some reason it started to cause problems showing the following error message:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function Countryflags\Db\Reader\bcadd() - library/Snog/CountryFlags/Listener/Includes/Reader/Decoder.php:258

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError() #1 {main}

If add-on is not disabled the forum becomes inaccessible due to error 500.
Please advise.

This is a great add-on and I had it for quite a while whithout any issues whatsoever.
But for some reason it started to cause problems showing the following error message:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function Countryflags\Db\Reader\bcadd() - library/Snog/CountryFlags/Listener/Includes/Reader/Decoder.php:258

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError() #1 {main}

If add-on is not disabled the forum becomes inaccessible due to error 500.
Please advise.

Quite simply, your server must have been updated and BC Math was not installed or your site was moved and your new server does not have BC Math installed.

List members by country feature?

I want to see member list grouped by country
That's been asked for before.

It really wouldn't be useful since some members change countries more often than they change their underwear. ;)

Especially in Europe where they may travel between countries frequently or occasionally be connected to a wireless tower in another country.

How much $ do you want for this to happen?

I would find it VERY useful! That's not for you to decide.
I don't accept funding for additions to my add-ons.

And what is or is not included in my add-ons is very much something that is for me to decide. Especially the free add-ons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom