Country Flags by IP Address [Deleted]

These are long term members of fixed abode & the IP check shows USA. I'll look at the logs.

Many thanks
The IP returned by the add-on may or may not be the same one returned by XenForo. It depends on if they are using a proxy or not.

I can see the IP they post from as admin & in discussion I've been assured proxies are not being used or they have no clue what a proxy is. These are all home users. We getting fluctuating flags from folk accessing the forum from work sometimes.

I can see the IP they post from as admin & in discussion I've been assured proxies are not being used or they have no clue what a proxy is. These are all home users. We getting fluctuating flags from folk accessing the forum from work sometimes.
Again, the IP shown in the admin area by XenForo may or may not match the IP returned by the add-on. XenForo does not account for all proxy possibilities.

With logging turned on in the add-on, the 'Result IP address' is the one used by the add-on.

I had this same issue some time ago and it sorted itself out after a time.

Works great.

As @Snog will not be changing the icons for nicer icons has anybody changed them already and edited the CSS? if so can somebody post up the edited file/new flags?

Thanks

@Snog I just found out that this addon had a 3gb log file. I'm going to assume that's not normal? What can be done to prevent that from happening?

Code:
root@cp2 [/home/dressedw/public_html/data/countryflags]# ls -hl
total 3.3G
drwxr-xr-x  3 dressedw dressedw 4.0K Sep 15 05:03 ./
drwxr-xr-x 10 dressedw dressedw 4.0K Sep 11 00:19 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 dressedw dressedw 4.0K May 23  2015 flags/
-rw-r--r--  1 dressedw dressedw 7.5M Sep 15 05:03 GeoLite2-Country.mmdb
-rw-r--r--  1 dressedw dressedw    2 Aug 15 19:06 index.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dressedw dressedw 3.3G Sep 24 04:59 reader.log
root@cp2 [/home/dressedw/public_html/data/countryflags]#

@Snog I just found out that this addon had a 3gb log file. I'm going to assume that's not normal? What can be done to prevent that from happening?

Code:
root@cp2 [/home/dressedw/public_html/data/countryflags]# ls -hl
total 3.3G
drwxr-xr-x  3 dressedw dressedw 4.0K Sep 15 05:03 ./
drwxr-xr-x 10 dressedw dressedw 4.0K Sep 11 00:19 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 dressedw dressedw 4.0K May 23  2015 flags/
-rw-r--r--  1 dressedw dressedw 7.5M Sep 15 05:03 GeoLite2-Country.mmdb
-rw-r--r--  1 dressedw dressedw    2 Aug 15 19:06 index.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dressedw dressedw 3.3G Sep 24 04:59 reader.log
root@cp2 [/home/dressedw/public_html/data/countryflags]#
It's only normal if you have logging turned on. If there's no need to have it turned on, turn it off. It's safe to delete the log file.

Also, that log name is wrong. If for some reason I gave you a file to produces that log, replace it with the standard file that was originally included with the add-on.

It's only normal if you have logging turned on. If there's no need to have it turned on, turn it off. It's safe to delete the log file.

Also, that log name is wrong. If for some reason I gave you a file to produces that log, replace it with the standard file that was originally included with the add-on.
Logging isn't enabled in the options
Screenshot_20160924-162125.webp

I just downloaded the addon from the RM when it was released.

I just downloaded the addon from the RM when it was released.
Back in August you were getting an error on your site related to the reader.php file and I sent you a special file in a PC to log what was happening. And if you got the error again you were suppose to send me the log file.

Evidently you haven't gotten the error again and the log file has continued to grow. Upload the standard library/Snog/CountryFlags/Listener/Includes/Reader.php file that is included with the add-on to stop that log from being written to. You can safely delete the log file.

Last edited:
Back in August you were getting an error on your site related to the reader.php file and I sent you a special file in a PC to log what was happening. And if you got the error again you were suppose to send me the log file.

Evidently you haven't gotten the error again and the log file has continued to grow. Upload the standard library/Snog/CountryFlags/Listener/Includes/Reader.php file that is included with the add-on to stop that log from being written to. You can safely delete the log file.
You know, I completely forgot about that.

yeah I'm not sure what happened there. I think it might be related to the server transfer and the file being deleted. Normally that error doesn't show.

Love the add-on... but one thing nags me a little, actually more than a little..lol

My country flag comes up as the Union Jack for The United Kingdom ( this is the bit that gets up my nose )
I was born in England and live in England . There is no such country as United Kingdom , it is what it says on the tin A Kingdom made up of 4 countries.
England , Scotland , Wales & Northern Ireland..

Question;
So is there any way I can alter to show the 4 countries as they should be shown ,not as a kingdom..?

Regards..

I really wanted to use this mod but have this same issue, I actually specifically need something that splits the 4 countries. Looks a great mod as well, I realise this is not snogs fault just a real shame.

@Snog, How to getting user Country Flags from "User Registration IP" ? What Cron Entries used this add-on? Some user Country Flags are not showing because user are not do login after installed this add-on.

Top Bottom