[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
The easy way to find out is to disable that add-on and then see if the flags return to normal.

If they don't, is your server running any kind of protection system (IE: OVH's SSL portal)? If yes, turn on the 'This site is using SiteLock' option in the add-on options. The SSL portal is a proxy in itself and messes up proxy detection in the add-on.

Thanks, I'll test it out.

I have one issue from Member stat Widget. Using members stats most message will be show up Country Flags after opening member card popup. How to hide Country Flags from Member stat Widget?

I have one issue from Member stat Widget. Using members stats most message will be show up Country Flags after opening member card popup. How to hide Country Flags from Member stat Widget?
Turn off 'Show in member list' in the add-on options.

No, I want hide on Widget. OK but why its will show after opening member card popup, why not before?
I never tested the add-on with the widget so I can't answer that.

If you don't want it on the Widget, you have to turn off the option I said in my last post.

can you ad flag for users awaiting approval? it would be great to know from which country my new members before approving

can you ad flag for users awaiting approval? it would be great to know from which country my new members before approving
If you hover over the user's avatar, the flag (if there is one) is already shown there.

If you hover over the user's avatar, the flag (if there is one) is already shown there.
users awaiting approval located inside the admin control panel, hover over the user's avatar doesn't show any thing. The reason I am asking for this feature to help stop human spam and to disapprove registrations from some countries.

users awaiting approval located inside the admin control panel, hover over the user's avatar doesn't show any thing. The reason I am asking for this feature to help stop human spam and to disapprove registrations from some countries.
Ah, that would be correct. It's on the public moderation screen it can be hovered on.

And call me blind, but I don't see any 'users awaiting approval' in the admin area.

Ah, that would be correct. It's on the public moderation screen it can be hovered on.

And call me blind, but I don't see any 'users awaiting approval' in the admin area.
due to permissions problem I wasn't able to see public moderation screen and yes you are right I can see the flags for users awaiting approval . Thank for this add on

can you add another option to show the country name instead of the flag? or can you give me a hint where should look inside the code of this add on to do it my self

can you add another option to show the country name instead of the flag? or can you give me a hint where should look inside the code of this add on to do it my self
Most of the locations the flags are shown in would not support showing the name. In any case, the flags shown are controlled by src/addons/Snog/Flags/Callback/Country.php which is called by the template modifications that show the flag in different locations.

Last edited:
Problem on iPhone 7. I enabled flags using the "Show in member info card." I can tap on a member avatar and bring up the card with flag but I can't tap elsewhere on the screen to dismiss it. If I disable the feature, member cards can be dismissed.
IMG-0358.webp

Problem on iPhone 7. I enabled flags using the "Show in member info card." I can tap on a member avatar and bring up the card with flag but I can't tap elsewhere on the screen to dismiss it. If I disable the feature, member cards can be dismissed.
View attachment 174752
This doesn't happen with an Android phone, which is the only mobile device I have. Tapping anywhere on the screen closes the card and is in fact XenForo itself that displays/closes that card.

Could you check if the problem exists without the flag being displayed too?

I have no way of testing an iPhone problem.

Works fine without the flag. Problem also the same on iPad. I disabled my other addons to make sure it wasn't them.
Odd, the flags don't add anything different except add a touch point for the flag itself.

Since the only testing I can do for Apple products in in the Chrome simulator (where it works fine), until I can come up with some way of testing on an actual Apple product, the only thing I can suggest is to not display the flag in the card.

I wish I could give a better reply, but there's really no reason it shouldn't work that I know of.

I went and picked up an iPad just to test this.

Could you confirm the same thing I'm seeing...
Any user with an avatar works without a problem. It's only users without an avatar this happens on.

I went and picked up an iPad just to test this.

Could you confirm the same thing I'm seeing...
Any user with an avatar works without a problem. It's only users without an avatar this happens on.
Yes. Tried both and only happens with xenforo's default avatar. No problems when user has uploaded their own.

Top Bottom