• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Countdown Timer Cliptheapex.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done!
Upload the contents of UPLOAD to your xenforo's install directory
Contents of UPLOAD appears to be folder called "library" which is now in my install directory

I see the add0n-cta_cdtimer_sidebar.xml on my local computer, but am not experienced in how to "Install from ..."

What are the steps to doing that please?

I want to install it (two instances) in the right-hand column, in the area just above the Title/Link of the Taiga Chat Shoutbox,
and below the Sign Up button (prior to log in), i.e. (after login): just below the logged in user's Avatar and stats box.

Options such as ??? Where do I edit these options... in the Form I get for setting up the new add-on?

Thanks to Mikey for actually making this a true addon now...
YEAH THANKS MIKEY!!!

THANKS! REALLY looking forward to having this clock operational for my two biweekly training chats!

Well for now it can only handle one instance of the timer. For now...I have it working for myself with more than one...but it needs rebuilding to make it something worth sharing. I got a huge whiteboard next to my desk now so I will note finishing this as a todo as a sooner than later.

As far as installing it is really quite easy.

Go to your admin control panel and install from the .xml file.
1.webp

2.webp

3.webp

Thanks. Yeah I think something is screwed up.

/webroot/htdocs/orgasmforum/library/XenForo/Install/library/CTA/CDtimer/listener.php

yup :)...

ok, htdocs, www, and public_html would be the same folder..yours says htdocs so I will go with that as I explain.

Pretty much all addons will go into the library folder or a child of a folder that is a child of the library folder.

htdocs/orgasmforum/library/CTA is where it should go....

Very carefully go to your folder that you uploaded things to /htdocs/orgasmforum/library/XenForo/Install/ and remove the library folder you created there

When you extract the zip you have 2 items in there, addon-blah.xml and a folder. I use CAPS to denote that the contents of this folder gets uploaded. Because I placed the library folder in there with the addon in it...you can simply upload the contents of the UPLOAD folder to htdocs/orgasmforum/ and then install from the xml like we spoke about earlier.

Ok, SWEET! Got it done, THANKS!

Next question is I do not want to display the Seconds (too distracting). How do I eliminate seconds from being displayed and have the remainder of the display center properly? Thanks in advance!
HJ

Ok first off I would have to assume that you don't have debug mode enabled.

If you do, skip step 1..if not you will need to enable it so that it will show the changes on every style when you finish your edits...otherwise you will have to do all the other steps once for each style.

1. Enable Debug mode:
    • Go to: /htdocs/orgasmforum/library/config.php
    • Add the following starting on a newline at the bottom - replace 'yourIPaddress' with your actual IP:
    • Code:
      if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == 'yourIPaddress')
      {
          $config['debug'] = true;
      }
    • you can get 'yourIPaddress' here if you don't know it
  2. Edit the sidebar HTML
    • In the ACP go to the Appearance tab -> then click Templates
    • In the field with the small grey text that reads 'Filter items' type: CTA
    • filter.webp
    • You will see three templates - click cta_countdown_sidebar
    • Scroll down until you see the following html - highlight this and remove it:
    • HTML:
                  <div class="dash seconds_dash">
                      <span class="dash_title">Secs</span>
                      <div class="digit">0</div>
                      <div class="digit">0</div>
                  </div>
    • save that
  3. Edit the Styling
    • Now open and edit the cta_countdown_main template:
    • Find the following rule:
    • Code:
      .first {
              margin-left: 20px;
              padding-left: 0;
              border-left: 0;
          }
    • change it to read:
    • Code:
      .first {
              margin-left: 40px;
              padding-left: 0;
              border-left: 0;
          }
    • and save your final change

That should do it I think.

Something odd is going on - I had this plugin working well on it's own, but when I install [bd] Widget Framework 1.0.8 all the countdown numbers go to 0...
If I disable [bd] Widget Framework it all works again.

Attachments

• countdown zeros.webp
    countdown zeros.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 13
Hi what's the prognosis for being able to display a second timer on the same page. I have two bi-weekly chats I'm used to counting down to, so I hope you'll sort out adding that second countdown soon!
Many thanks!!!
HJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom