Could be the biggest news EVER

There are many theotrical ways to travel 1o times faster than the speed of light, such as wormholes in space(remember that time is relative), space folding, and using artifical gravity to slingshot(forgot the techincal term).

Think how much energy it would take to start at 0kph, then gradually accelerate to the speed of light. As the velocity increases, mass increases, when mass increases, more energy that is needed to push it.

Basically under normal circumstances...it would take more energy then that contained in the universe to accelerate anything through space to the speed of light .

Prediction: this doesn't disprove the special theory of relativity.
files-space-astronomy-pulsa.jpg

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/1...ght-and-life-as-we-know-it-just-may-continue/

Those clocks are receiving a signal from an orbiting satellite, which is moving in reference to the Earth. This creates two frames of reference for the experiment, and not one, says van Elburg.

When it comes to relativity, frame of reference is everything. The satellite in this experiment was moving from West to East, tilted 55º in reference to the equator. Taken from this vantage point, the distance between the source of the neutrinos at CERN and the detector in Italy are actually changing. The excellent Physics arXiv blog at MIT’s Technology Review quotes van Elburg as saying, “From the perspective of the clock, the detector is moving towards the source and consequently the distance travelled by the particles as observed from the clock is shorter.”

Van Elburg says that this would throw off the experiment’s timing by 32 nanoseconds on each end of the experiment, for a total of roughly 64 nanoseconds of error in the experiment overall. This would mean that neutrino speed is quite similar to that of light, but not faster.

While Elburg’s refutation dabbles in certainty, CERN is asking for an independent review before admitting defeat.

item81328_jpg.jpg

SAFE !!!!!!!

$22 billion later, what does this buy us exactly? Will it cook me a Greek omelet every morning?
No, in fact it proves you can never have a greek omelet. According to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, the accuracy with which certain pairs of physical properties of a particle are known is limited, such as position and momentum, cannot be simultaneously known.

So, you can have an omelet or greek cuisine, but you'll never know that you have a greek omelet.

No, in fact it proves you can never have a greek omelet. According to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, the accuracy with which certain pairs of physical properties of a particle are known is limited, such as position and momentum, cannot be simultaneously known.

So, you can have an omelet or greek cuisine, but you'll never know that you have a greek omelet.
So, does this mean I don't have to remember I ever ate at Hardee's? 'Cause that's something I'd sooner wish never happened.

$22 billion later, what does this buy us exactly? Will it cook me a Greek omelet every morning?

Indeed
I wonder how many wind turbines, solar panels or hydro facilities that could've paid for?
Or if we could've cured ailing diseases etc with that money.

60 million neutrinos pass through your eyeballs every second.
Neutrinos pass through rock just as easy as they do space.
They pass through a light year of lead 50% of the time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0106tjc

The sun produces 10^38 neutrinos per second.

It takes 1 million years for light produced at the core of the sun, to reach the surface.
Neutrinos don't interact with matter, so they only take a few seconds to reach the surface.

Top Bottom