1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Correct bug in addon

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by SpecialK, Aug 9, 2014.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

We have installed https://github.com/Naatan/XenAuction onto our XF installation and for the most part it works great. We have fixed a couple of small bugs with it, but have found one more bug that we just don't know how to fix.

If a user creates an auction that accepts bids AND a buy it now purchase and the auction receives a buy it now, everything works great. But if the auction receives bids first and then someone buys it now, there is an error thrown.

We need someone more familiar with XF development than we are to go in and fix this one bug.

Please contact Jim@kitchenknifefora.com with your details, portfolio, and rates. Or you can respond to me here and I can put you in touch.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you
  2. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

3. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

The developer is no longer maintaining the add-on, hence our posting the request for custom development here.
  4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Do you have the error to hand?
  5. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

I'm sorry - I don't understand your question.
  6. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

What's the error message/details?
  7. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

8. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Hmm, I can take a shot at this - I'll need access to the version you're currently using though :)

Depending on how long it takes me, I'll charge around £20. Is that OK?

9. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

Yes that sounds great. Please send me an email at kevin@techdaddies.com and I can arrange your access.
  10. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

(I sent the email)
  11. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

We hired Liam to fix this bug and he did so successfully. Unfortunately, we have some more bugs to deal with and can't get in touch with Liam any longer.

Looking for a developer to fix a few very minor bugs in this addon.
  12. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Please bear with me, I'm replying yo your email now.

13. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

Oh awesome.
  14. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

Bumping. Still need someone to come in and fix a few final little bugs.

There is much more work to be done after these are fixed...
  15. Ryan Nielson

Ryan Nielson Active Member

Did you fix the bugs in the repository or just on your site? I'm interested in using the add-on.
  16. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

All of our fixes were done locally. And there were a lot of them. Unfortunately, I still really don't consider the software to be that good, and I'd advise against using it.
    Ryan Nielson likes this.