XF 2.1 Correct way of upgrading an addon?

asprin

So I used the release command on version 1000030 to prepare the zip file and uploaded it to the remote server and installed the addon.

Now if I want to work on additional things related to the said addon locally, what would be the recommended way of dealing with upgrades?

Approach #1
  1. Bump the version to 1000130
  2. Start making changes to code/templates
  3. Once I'm done with the changes, use the release command to get the zip of the upgrade

Approach #2
  1. Start making changes to code/templates
  2. Bump the version to 1000130
  3. Use the release command after bumping to get the zip of the upgrade

I sincerely hope it's #2 because that's what I've followed. I've finished step 1 and about to use the bump command.

But if's #1, is there a way to ensure all my new changes get tagged to the newer version? I sure hope it doesn't involve going back to each changed file, making a fake edit and then saving it after running the bump command.

Solution
But if's #1, is there a way to ensure all my new changes get tagged to the newer version? I sure hope it doesn't involve going back to each changed file, making a fake edit and then saving it after running the bump command.
Unfortunately it's exactly that. Alternatively you can manually modify the metadata json and xf-dev:import afterwards.
Unfortunately it's exactly that. Alternatively you can manually modify the metadata json and xf-dev:import afterwards.

Solution
Top Bottom