Corporate branding - food for thought

zappaDPJ

This will probably seem a little pedantic but I thought I'd offer it up anyway. The company logo displays as 'xenForo' but the forum categories, bookmarks and other areas display as 'XenForo'. I'm just wondering if this is intended.

To use an obvious analogy 'vBulletin' is known to everyone as just that, by logo and in type, it's rare to see it written as 'Vbulletin' or 'VBulletin'.

Consistent branding is important in my book and I thought it worth mentioning. I'll crawl back under my rock now :p

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, I'd clearly missed that thread and it does contain the answer to my question.

I don't like the logo with capital X, but I do like it in writing, XenForo. So .. going to stick to XF and XenForo, and accepting the logo looking awesome.

I think at the end of the day, the logo does get changed to XenForo. Otherwise, the question will be asked ad nauseam. Much more than "What does the v in vBulletin mean?".

I think at the end of the day, the logo does get changed to XenForo. Otherwise, the question will be asked ad nauseam. Much more than "What does the v in vBulletin mean?".

That, and it causes people to type "xenForo" rather than "XenForo".

Which I find minor. But that's just me.
At the end of the day it does not matter for me. XenForo in the logo is fine too. Just loses "cool" factor a bit more :p

Top Bottom