Core - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

I like the dark version! Very nice. :)

Is there anything I need to do when moving to 1.3?

With the version that is out right not no, there will be outdated templates however(doesn't really effect you that much with this update).

When we roll out our new version, it's going to be a big change... not so much on the front end however on the backend.

We'll give step by step to upgrade the style, it's coming very close ;).

Russ,
Thanks for the info, can't wait for all the changes...sounds exciting!

I am curious about something on your forum, how would I go about getting something like this? :whistle:

upload_2014-3-7_12-43-31.webp

Russ,
Thanks for the info, can't wait for all the changes...sounds exciting!

I am curious about something on your forum, how would I go about getting something like this? :whistle:

View attachment 68906

I did start on this using template modifications but it isn't finished yet. Wanted to make it user friendly all around with some options.

Russ updated Core - pixelExit.com with a new update entry:

1.3.0 Massive Change Please READ!!!!

As I have been mentioning across various threads 1.3 is bringing a rather massive change to the way our style functions. Most of the front end you won't notice a difference aside from a few cosmetic improvements, however we've re-written a good majority of our XenBase.

With this said, if you are a current client of Core please read carefully.

For anyone with minor customizations it's suggested you treat this upgrading as if you're installing a brand new style.

Import XenBase first as a new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Core's been updated... please bare in mind for existing customers a lot... has changed on the backend side of things.

A lot of new features, bugs fixed with XenBase, bugs probably introduced into XenBase, just please almost treat this like a new style when installing it.

The footer has been completely recoded, a lot of XenBase has been recoded to provide extra functionality.

I'll be posting more documentation on pixelexit.com regarding our XenForo Styles.

Heads up too, we're going to be closing down the specific style sections on pixelexit.com to better maintain the support methods we have. Feel free to post any bugs/suggestions/finds here.

(Demo will be updated shortly)

Yep

Framework -> Core -> OurStyle

So it sounds like in theory I can just do a find/replace but I'm wondering if our edits are all still needed and whether it'd be better to start fresh.

Gotcha, yep if you decide the find-replace will work out. However your choice :)

The one issue we had with Core is that it made the editor very slow on iOS and mobile devices. I think we limited this to some fancy CSS causing issues which we removed. Did anyone else ever have the same problem and do you know if it still happens?

The one issue we had with Core is that it made the editor very slow on iOS and mobile devices. I think we limited this to some fancy CSS causing issues which we removed. Did anyone else ever have the same problem and do you know if it still happens?

Nope not reported on other clients sites, I think it was caused due to the content box-shadow wasn't it?

I know also 1.3 brings a few mobile fixes regarding the editor as well, not sure if these will help though. I haven't kept up with the fixes to be honest.

Yep, it was the box-shadow causing it.

I've tested it on my Nexus 7, Android Phone, Chromebook and an iphone and wasn't getting issues with it on this version. With that said... the original box-shadow was a simple 1px effect which was weird it could of effected it.

Hopefully as I said 1.3 brought some well needed fixes to the mobile editor from what I recall.

(ninja post above, reading the new FAQ)

Is this suppose to be like that vs the color picker?
Just making sure my installation went right. :p

upload_2014-3-12_12-24-34.webp

(ninja post above, reading the new FAQ)

Is this suppose to be like that vs the color picker?
Just making sure my installation went right. :p

View attachment 69353

That actually controls the dark black gradient you see around such as the nav bar, sub headings, sidebar ect. We use to use an image in old versions, this version uses a CSS3 gradient.

If you care to change that:

http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

Is a good generator that will work fine. Again that effects all the black dark bars around the site.

Top Bottom