Copyright question

=MGN=RedEagle

Hi there,

I run some Minecraft servers and I do videos in them. Sometimes pixel art I see in the background as I do my videos are from things like Mario. Can I get in trouble copyright wise if let's say Nintendo were out to get me.

I would think that if Nintendo are out to get you you, then they probably could get you for copyright infringement. Most likely you would get a notice to remove the infringinging material rather than being sued immediately.

However most stuff like this is "under the radar" of such companies.

If you're based in the USA you should have a clear easy to find way telling people how to report infringing material for a DMCA takedown request.

To be extra safe you need to spend some money to register an agent (yourself) with the copyright office- http://www.wired.com/2010/10/dmca-righthaven-loophole/

Of course always remember legal advice on the Internet is worth what you pay for it. ;)
Did that just to be safe. I want to create some disruptive tech and if I disrupt some big business I don't what to have to go back to fix it. Just gonna do things right from the start.

Top Bottom