RM 1.0 Copy post / thread into resource manager?

petertdavis

Is there any function existing or planned to be able to copy a post or a thread from a forum into the resource manager? If not, is that something that would be able to build an addon without much difficulty?

Thanks, yea I didn't see it listed in there but I knew that when the resource manager was put in place here a lot of existing addon threads got copied into it and wasn't sure if there might be a copy feature built in or if that was done manually.

But, since it looks like I'll need to get an addon made to do that, could you comment on whether or not you think it would be a difficult undertaking to do it? And do you recommend anyone specific to do the job?

What I did was used two addons (sorry I don't have the links handy, but there are here at xf) one would move the thread over to the RM, and the other would reassign the right user to the RM post if needed.

Thanks, I've taken a look at that plugin. I'm trying to see if I understand what the workflow would look like if I went the route that @Brandon Sheley pointed out.

A) I have to create a new item in the Resource Manager
B) I then attach the original discussion thread
C) Then I cut and paste the data from the post to the RM item
D) Then I re-assign the ownership of the RM item to the original author

Is that correct?

I'd rather have something that would do that all at once. @King Kovifor any chance you could do a custom addon that would do that?

Top Bottom