1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Copy & pasting ignoring bold-end tag

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Xon, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Using IE11, Copying & pasting resource overview text, or posts into redactor text editor doesn't preserve bold end-tags or new lines.

This means the following text pasts as:
    [B]Contributing features or bug fixes Please create a Github Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.[/b]
    Switch to the plain text editor, and all that formatting evaporates! But it shows up in post preview.

Instead of:
    [b]Contributing features or bug fixes[b]
    Please create a Github Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the resource in question so others can give this a try? :)
  3. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Any of my resources, for example; Beta - User Merge Search Update

I just copy & paste the stanza at the end from my most recent addon when adding a new addon.
  4. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Updated starting post, this looks to be an issue with redactor and IE11 from recent changes 1.5 related changes.

It used to work.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think it would have been like this for a long time, though it is specific to the exact structure of the HTML. It seems that it's specifically caused by the <br> coming before the </strong> (which isn't what the source actually looks like, strangely).

Regardless, I believe I have worked around this now. Thanks. :)
    Xon likes this.