• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Converting Mybb to Xenforo

I did read that i was able to convert mybb to xenforo with the importer option, but what i am struggling to understand is how do i upload xenforo to be able to import it. I set up my mybb myself but im really no tech wiz at much of this so any help would be great, want to know i can do it before purchasing thank you

Tracy Perry

All my mybb stuff is under public_html, all seperate folders, so for xen would i just create a folder say called 'forums' and add it to that. i assume my address to access it would be www.mysite.com/forums so how would i get it to open on just www.mysite.com?
Yes, but in the address bar you will see mysite.com/forum/forums typically. If you were going to install it in a sub-directory, I'd call it community or something along that line.

Arty

Or you can install XenForo in another directory, convert forum and then move it to where myBB used to be. After that in admin control panel -> options -> basic board information change board URL.

thanks for the help, seems confusing just want to make sure i am capable of doing to before buying. So ofter i have inported to xenforo i can just delete all mybb stuff in my root file?

Last edited: