1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Converter for Coppermine Photo Gallery (CPG)

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Closed Suggestions' started by adonismale, Dec 31, 2014.

1. adonismale

adonismale Active Member

briansol and Gladius like this.
  2. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

And a converter for photopost pro.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

There is already a photopost pro importer.
    jauburn likes this.
  4. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

Awesome. Do instructions for using it come with the package?
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's the same process as importing any forum into XF so any existing documentation for that still applies. The only pre-requisite that may not be immediately clear is that it may require an import log. e.g. If you were using PhotoPost Pro with vBulletin integration it would require you to input the name of the import log you created when you imported from vBulletin to XenForo.
  6. Gladius

Gladius Well-Known Member

Can we expect a Coppermine converter anytime soon? I have 2 forums waiting to convert to XMG but need to import their Coppermine galleries.
    Azofan and adonismale like this.
  7. Gladius

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Importers are usually a very time consuming and arduous process. Obviously more importers is better, but I wouldn't be expecting any additional ones in the short term unless they are heavily requested.

With importers (for the gallery or the forum), if it's not a popular request, it may only be done via an add-on or custom commissioned development.
    Azofan likes this.
  9. Gladius

Thanks for the response Mike.
  10. Azofan

Azofan Member

I also have a Coppermine install I'd like to port to the media gallery.

I don't suppose there's an easy SQL command to take just the filename and description from a comma delimited list and add them to any given album? :)

EDIT: I don't think I need it now. Apparently, I they have 86 images and I think it will be quicker to just re-do it manually in this case.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016