XF 1.1 Converted from phpBB - HELP!

Josiah

I recently converted my phpBB forum to XenForo. (Can't find my issues via Google or through XenForo search)

1. I went through the procedure of validating the sql information and imported everything. However, posts that had uploaded an attached email are not showing in ANY of the posts. I thought this was suppose to be converted over?

2. I thought the "Retain imported content IDs" option would had fixed links from one post that refer to another thread/post. Is there some way I can fix all these links at once WITHOUT having to edit every single post manually?

3. How can I email to a (multiple)group rather than an individual? I had this option in phpBB, but every time I select a group, it tells me no users were found.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, is there a way to add a group as an admin/mod without having to add each user manually?

1. I went through the procedure of validating the sql information and imported everything. However, posts that had uploaded an attached email are not showing in ANY of the posts. I thought this was suppose to be converted over?

What exactly shows in the posts where attachments were supposed to be? I converted from phpBB3, and inline attachments were simply stuck at the end of the post as attachments.

2. I thought the "Retain imported content IDs" option would had fixed links from one post that refer to another thread/post. Is there some way I can fix all these links at once WITHOUT having to edit every single post manually?
I think that is for VB imports, and not phpBB3 ones. You can set up ReWrite rules in .htaccess to fix that. EG my forum is in URL/forum directory:

Code:
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)t=([0-9]+)(&|$) [NC]
RewriteRule ^viewtopic\.php$ /forum/threads/%2? [L,R=301,NC]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} f=(\d+)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(viewforum\.php|viewtopic\.php)$ /forum/forums/%1? [L,R=301,NC]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)p=([0-9]+)(&|$) [NC]
RewriteRule ^viewtopic\.php$ /forum/posts/%2? [L,R=301,NC]

3. How can I email to a (multiple)group rather than an individual? I had this option in phpBB, but every time I select a group, it tells me no users were found.

ACP --> Users --> Email Users

Select the group via the User Criteria
email.webp

What exactly shows in the posts where attachments were supposed to be? I converted from phpBB3, and inline attachments were simply stuck at the end of the post as attachments.

Nothing. No place holder at all. Just an empty space where it would be.

I think that is for VB imports, and not phpBB3 ones. You can set up ReWrite rules in .htaccess to fix that. EG my forum is in URL/forum directory:

Code:
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)t=([0-9]+)(&|$) [NC]
RewriteRule ^viewtopic\.php$ /forum/threads/%2? [L,R=301,NC]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} f=(\d+)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(viewforum\.php|viewtopic\.php)$ /forum/forums/%1? [L,R=301,NC]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)p=([0-9]+)(&|$) [NC]
RewriteRule ^viewtopic\.php$ /forum/posts/%2? [L,R=301,NC]

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

ACP --> Users --> Email Users

Select the group via the User Criteria
View attachment 37567

Yeah, I tried that and it told me no users found.... I just tried now and it works >.> However, how can I tell it to send to multiple groups at once? I know that wasn't possible in phpBB, so I had a work around that I can try again.

Nope, it does the exact same thing for phpBB, it keeps the same topic ID's.

Nothing. No place holder at all. Just an empty space where it would be.
[snip]
However, how can I tell it to send to multiple groups at once? I know that wasn't possible in phpBB, so I had a work around that I can try again.
What is the file extension? By default, only these are allowed:
zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe
gif

Regarding #2, you can select group membership when creating the email, Registered should be the primary group for everyone, so just tick off the secondary groups you want to email too.

If that directory is the "files" folder, then no they weren't. I copied the files to it later while trying to troubleshoot this earlier before posting.

Neither of those attachment folders exist...... Should I be able to copy over the files or do I have to go through the Import process again?
It seems the attachments weren't carried over. You need the original attachment folder, the xF one should be included in the package. You will not be able to just copy over the files, but I doubt it will work, it seems to me the attachments weren't imported at all.

Alright... I just did a clean wipe to my directory and the database. Reinstalled XenForo and neither of those attachment folders were there, so I created them. Went through importing everything and this is what I get:
xen0.webp

Why isn't it taking my files?

Where does it attempt to get my files from?

I tried looking for logs for the import, but I can't find it?

Alright... I just did a clean wipe to my directory and the database. Reinstalled XenForo and neither of those attachment folders were there, so I created them. Went through importing everything and this is what I get:
View attachment 37636

Why isn't it taking my files?

Where does it attempt to get my files from?

I tried looking for logs for the import, but I can't find it?
The folders are supposed to be the ones with your existing attachments in, not where you want your attachments to go. If you just create a blank folder, then you won't have anything to import and will get 0 imported items (as your screenshot shows).

This add-on should hopefully allow you to just undo and re-do that last step:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/import-tools-by-waindigo.1255/

Wait, are you saying that I have to place my phpBB attachment files (/root/files/ as they are in phpBB) into one of those attachment folders? Or do I need to copy /"phpbb"/files/ to /"xenforo"/files?

Wait, are you saying that I have to place my phpBB attachment files (/root/files/ as they are in phpBB) into one of those attachment folders? Or do I need to copy /"phpbb"/files/ to /"xenforo"/files?
They need to be on the same server and in whatever folder you have specified. So either copy all your attachments from phpbb into the directories you previously specified or start your import again and specify the correct path to your phpbb attachments folder.

Top Bottom