• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Convert URLs to Page Titles

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#4
The conversion only happens if the linked URL and the text of the link are identical. In your example, since the http:// part isn't there, the text differs so the conversion won't be attempted. Try pasting URLs in and if there are specific cases there, let us know some further examples.
 
#8
My local URL's do not convert to titles. I was having trouble with this right after the initial install and I added a line to .htaccess to allow local references. When that was not working consistently it was suggested that our firewall was causing a problem, So I added local references for our LAN to /etc/hosts.

Here is the content of my /etc/hosts file
Code:
127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1             localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
10.200.200.46           mb2.nawcc.org mb2 xf.nawcc.org xf
10.200.200.20           mb.nawcc.org mb
Here are the directive for .htaccess with a few more thrown in that I found at Stackoverflow

Code:
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
    Header add Access-Control-Allow-Headers "origin, x-requested-with, content-type"
    Header add Access-Control-Allow-Methods "PUT, GET, POST, DELETE, OPTIONS"
I am stuck trying to diagnose this. If I use on-line tools that execute from remote locations, it all works fine.

This URL should work fine here but it displays the URL on my XenForo site.

https://xf.nawcc.org/index.php?threads/waltham-1894-grade-240.67298/

OK, now it is not working here either.
 
Last edited:

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#9
Having different IPs for the domains locally is likely the problem. You will likely find that your webserver is either not listening on those IPs or if it is, it's not resolving your domain properly (because it's tied to a particular IP)

If you haven't, use the image proxy test in the control panel and that may give some details (though not the actual request body). This is for the image proxy so ideally test it with the URL to an image, but provided the domain is the same, this will likely give some useful details. Beyond that, you can use cURL/wget via the command line to request a URL that isn't loading what's expected to see what is loaded. You may need to make changes to your DNS or web server config to get this to work correctly.