Convert to local currency

I agree.

Specially on xf.com it would be a nice to have such feature, since we get more and more paid addons with different currencies, which makes comparing the prices unnecessary hard:p
e.g. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/competitions-for-xenforo-paid.59696/page-4#post-635989
It's not difficult to read it properly... to be blunt.

But, sure... Would be helpful, I guess. Would need to be stipulated that it was only an estimate based on the exchange rate from X date... But equally there then needs to be an ultra reliable API to fetch that data from. Not sure where Google gets theirs from or whether that's available to use for free.

It's not difficult to read it properly... to be blunt.

But, sure... Would be helpful, I guess. Would need to be stipulated that it was only an estimate based on the exchange rate from X date... But equally there then needs to be an ultra reliable API to fetch that data from. Not sure where Google gets theirs from or whether that's available to use for free.

Those rates change pretty often most of the time i have seen them changing every few hours .

Exactly.

No substitution for reading the information in front of you and interpreting that yourself via your own research. Also, just because one API gives one exchange rate, doesn't necessarily mean that's the same exchange rate that PayPal uses.

It would be nice but the rate can affect what a developer makes. A slight change could make them more money but could cost them more as well. As long as it's clearly marked then it is very easy to find out the conversion.

I would love to have something like that for the forum itself. My members are all over so it would be nice if someone put a dollar amount on the site it would be converted to the currency of the reader. It would be nice for it to convert mph to kph and back. Its not hard to do it your self but it would be slick if it was automatic without slowing down the site.

James

Top Bottom