Convert Image All

Convert Image All 6.8

No permission to download
I doesn't? Strange i thought @AndyB said this once.

Description under Post Numer Start also says: Only applies when running from URL

If Cron Entry is Active/Enabled, will it run perpetually?
For example, action against the posts created since the last time it run? Thus, if Cron runs every 10 minutes then it will process against new posts created in the last 10 mins.
Log File would appear to say no.

The convert image all should be used to convert all old posts.
After this job is done use the other addon convert image. This will take care about new posts.
The first one can be disabled after this.

Has photobucket wisened up? I can't seem to restore photobucket images

The log shows they're processed fine

08/13/17 10:55pm / Post 19434061 / http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/garmenteros/Guild B301/IMG_6234_zpsmhc8r92k.jpg
08/13/17 10:55pm / Post 19434061 / http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/garmenteros/Guild B301/IMG_6235_zpsvef9xmjf.jpg
08/13/17 10:55pm / Post 19434061 / http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/garmenteros/Guild B301/IMG_6233_zpsxwxttvcd.jpg

But in the thread, I end up with the "please upgrade your account" photobucket image, converted to an attachment :/

Thank you so much for this add-on BTW, if I can get the photobucket thing figured out this is going to be a lifesaver.

Edit: Seems to be working on some other photobucket images though... Hmm.
Edit: Perhaps only photobucket "upgrade" images that were proxied are affected. All other photobucket images seem to be converting just fine :) Time to wipe the proxy cache :D

Last edited:
Well my personal account is an "ad free" account so mine still work hotlinked until the end of the year. This might be a reason...

But anyone with the $2 chrome addon can bulk-download anyone else's album

No worries, seems to be working fine now that I dumped the image proxy.

So far this addon and its cron process are doing quite well. We have 20 million posts going back to the year 2000. Started in 2007 a few days ago, we just made it to Feb 2009 today. That's a lot of saved photobucket images!! Added a 1TB drive to the server :)

@AndyB Any tips on how we can keep the cron running? It's timing out quite often (after our 120 second php timeout) I'm guessing due to animiated gifs. Is there maybe a way to skip all animated gifs? We did all of 2008, now we're in March 2009! :)

Why doesn't this work with cache enabled in config.php, I wonder? It asks to disable cache...

This is a bit annoying because sometimes the Convert Image fails to convert an image, and I use Convert Image All to catch those failed converts once in a while and then convert them by hand.

Great work however Andy!

PS. It would be so great if there was an add-on for finding all the linked PDFs in the posts, and which would then download and attach them instead. :)

Last edited:
@AndyB also can you please post your resolutions to these questions here? These issues affect a lot of people trying to use this addon (which is hugely useful and we all want to use it better)

@AndyB After almost 4 months work, we are trying to get our site ready to launch. Most of the remaining glitches we will probably be able to manage around, but I am having a hard time with images that are actually local to the site not getting converted to attachments.

An example is
Code:
[IMG]https://xf.nawcc.org/index.php?attachments/pw2-jpg.335777/[/IMG]

That is what is inserted if I copy and paste an image. I thought your add-on would use ImageMagick to process the image and create a new attachment with a thumbnail. Since we believe we can eventually correct all the duplicate attachments on the system, it is sufficient for now to make sure they are all attachments.

When manually trying to run the cron i get
Code:
Exit, lock_file found.
how do i resolve this?

In the file map where the convert files are you have to remove the lock_file manually. This happens when the previous process was not done or interrupted.

I think I am getting an error when the image that is trying to be converted has the wrong extension, it works for some images but not others

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x89 0x50 - library/Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php:268

@AndyB i have a feature request, would it be possible to stop the converters from reattaching IMG links to existing attachments? i have the situation were a user posts an attachment, then another user links to it via an IMG tag, the converter then converts the IMG tag link into a new attachment effectively giving a duplicate... i now have over a million attachments which is pretty expensive on EBS as is, so anything to minimize the costs via not having duplicates would be great :)

Reactions: rdn
@AndyB After almost 4 months work, we are trying to get our site ready to launch. Most of the remaining glitches we will probably be able to manage around, but I am having a hard time with images that are actually local to the site not getting converted to attachments.

An example is
Code:
[IMG]https://xf.nawcc.org/index.php?attachments/pw2-jpg.335777/[/IMG]

That is what is inserted if I copy and paste an image. I thought your add-on would use ImageMagick to process the image and create a new attachment with a thumbnail. Since we believe we can eventually correct all the duplicate attachments on the system, it is sufficient for now to make sure they are all attachments.

interesting see my thread above, the converter is converting local images on mine and ironically i don't want it too... sorry i can't help with your issue though.

However i'd be interested in what ideas you have for removing duplicate attachments?

Top Bottom