Convert Image All

Convert Image All 6.8

No permission to download
@AndyB has an email with my developers notes so he can incorporate them into the official plugin.
Thanks @woody, much appreciated. I'm hoping your guy has a fix for this add-on when it gets to a post with a dead link or can't convert. Right now I'm having to run this post by post because trying to run through a range is completely useless since it keeps bombing instead of skipping the post with dead links.

Looking forward to seeing improvements mentioned on the last page. I have a forum with 1m+ posts and 70k+ IMG links, and barely being able to process 25 posts at a time currently.

Looking forward to seeing improvements mentioned on the last page. I have a forum with 1m+ posts and 70k+ IMG links, and barely being able to process 25 posts at a time currently.
Works perfectly for me, I had just over 76k posts to convert and am doing it at 250 post at a time via the cron, I'm not on a vps etiher.

Running into an error. Likely I missed something but can someone point me in the right direction?

Code:
Server Error

fopen(/home3/*********/g************.us/convert/): failed to open stream: Is a directory

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    fopen() in Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php at line 1050
    Andy_ConvertImageAll_ControllerPublic_ConvertImageAll->actionUpdate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home3/*********/g************.us/index.php at line 13

Running into an error. Likely I missed something but can someone point me in the right direction?

Code:
Server Error

fopen(/home3/*********/g************.us/convert/): failed to open stream: Is a directory

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    fopen() in Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php at line 1050
    Andy_ConvertImageAll_ControllerPublic_ConvertImageAll->actionUpdate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home3/*********/g************.us/index.php at line 13
Hello,
This error was you forget set permission for folder and file, take it easy.
Step 1: Change chmod 777,'
step 2: Check chown for your hosting own.
step 3: check your chmod file change this to 644 anything have extenstion *.php

this's run good in my website

Did you set full "write" permissions for the directory "convert"?

Hello,
This error was you forget set permission for folder and file, take it easy.
Step 1: Change chmod 777,'
step 2: Check chown for your hosting own.
step 3: check your chmod file change this to 644 anything have extenstion *.php

this's run good in my website

I think I had them set at 755. I will look at it when I get home. I figured it was a simple setting an have used the previous version without issue. Thanks for the mod and assistance all.

I think I had them set at 755. I will look at it when I get home. I figured it was a simple setting an have used the previous version without issue. Thanks for the mod and assistance all.

So, it was not permissions. It was /misc/convertimage.log . In my case I used convert/ but did not add convertimage.log to the end thinking it would be intuitive. (In otherwords, I should have had /convert/convertimage.log but only had /convert/ ) . At any rate its all working good. Now to fix a couple posts with image tags that could not be called do to missing links. Not this mods fault by any means. Thanks again all! (y) now time for a bit of gaming first....

Quick question, if I run this mod what happens to these links? Will it leave the URL tags behind after updating the IMG ones?
Code:
[URL='http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/<removed>/media/20160429_153255_zpsqunfniom.jpg.html'][IMG]http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w664/<removed>/20160429_153255_zpsqunfniom.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

EDIT: Just had confirmation from AndyB that it has an option to strip out the URLs, so will be trying it out this weekend if I get the time (y)

Last edited:
Will this add-on download and convert images you already have/host via CDN functionality (thereby being redundant and giving you duplicates)?

For example, on the first test/sample run, it identified this post ...

Code:
[URL='http://www.motorcyclingvic.com.au'][IMG]https://cdn.myURL.com/data/linkdirectory/0/5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

cdn.myURL.com is my CDN service, active by library/config.php ...
Code:
// CDN support
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'https://cdn.myURL.com/data';

and thus I already have the IMG file/source on my server ...
Code:
me@server:# ls -la data/linkdirectory/0/5.jpg
-permissions- 1 owner 30591 Jul  7 12:53 data/linkdirectory/0/5.jpg

I assume that if the add-on actions this post (and many, many more like it) then it will download images files I already have from my CDN service, and convert them to attachments? Thus, duplicating images and local storage.

If my assumption is correct, is there any function/method to tell it to ignore IMG bb that links to your CDN, as defined in library/config.php ?

@AndyB Will this work with photobucket pics that have already been proxy'ed? Seems after a 3rd party pic has been proxied the link is no longer good therefore can not be converted?

There is no option to reset the counter for the Cron Entry Post ID right?
I can drop only the table in database?

I ask because I startet with a higher post.
Now I stuck if I want start from the beginning.

I can drop only the table in database?

I ask because I startet with a higher post.
Now I stuck if I want start from the beginning.

Cron always starts in the beginning. The setting for starting with an other post is when you use the url search (for testing).

Use phpMyAdmin.

I just added this to the Overview:

If for any reason you want the Cron Entry to start over again, you can edit the xf_convert_image_all table and change the post_id field to any post number you want the Cron Entry to start from.

Top Bottom