XF 1.5 Convert hyperlinks to be protocol relative?

empire

I'd like to use SSL on a site with many externally hosted images. I'm worried about getting warnings for the ones that are nonsecure http images.

I know that one option is the image proxy, but my host has some issues with that.

So I was thinking that if the hyperlinks were all converted to be protocol-relative hyperlinks (just starting with // ) then that might prevent the errors.

Would it be possible to use the profanity filter or some other method to remove the beginning of links to make them all protocol relative? Would that solve the issue?

The problem is if the site serving the images doesn't support SSL which, if the URLs have been posted without that in the first place, it's likely they don't.

I would recommend getting the image proxy working, some how. Not heard of a host having issues with it, before. I'm certain it's something they should be able to get working.

I have the proxy working on our development site with another host, but the host for our main site is worried that it might not be secure, and I don't think there is anything I can say that would convince him otherwise. He is going to test it, but I was hoping this might be an easier way. I understand if it won't work though!

I responded to your ticket last night with some technical explanations, but without any information about the qualms your host has with it, we can't really give any reasons why it should be safe.

Top Bottom