Convert FROM XenForo to BrandX

BGL

So a meteor hits Reading, Berkshire, UK. XenForo sleeps with the fishes...or dinosaurs. Converting from XenForo to another product would be easy, impossible or, the ever popular, it depends?

Is conversion from one product to another dependent on the programmers of product being imported to creating a conversion program? Based on what the XenForo masters know of how XenForo is written, how hard would it be to create a conversion program to an existing product.

It depends on someone going through the DB structure and writing code to read (from XF DB) and insert (into the other software's DB, in it's expected format). I have migrated a few aspx forums to vbulletin in the past and it all comes down to someone's expertise with the target system to understand what format to insert in. The process can be done through a programming language (like PHP) or with plain SQL.

So even if a meteor was to hit XF, converting is only as difficult as finding an existing converter or someone who can do it for you! :)

And if the whole of the UK was wiped out, it would probably live on forever through some sort of community project.
Long live historys biggest ever empire. Doubt there will be one like it again.. At least not in my lifetime. One good thing about the British Empire, most of the important stuff uses the English language, air traffic, sea, business :)

Long live historys biggest ever empire.

Eyow. Didn't know XF was THAT big.

Doubt there will be one like it again.

Wasn't that AOL's last words before the web ate them up like Frodo and Shelob?

One good thing about the British Empire, most of the important stuff uses the English language, air traffic, sea, business

I thought everything important was in C?

Eyow. Didn't know XF was THAT big.

Wasn't that AOL's last words before the web ate them up like Frodo and Shelob?

I thought everything was in C?
XF is not that big.

AOL doesn't have a relevance. The British Empire is over and done with but it was the largest Empire in history to date.

No, sadly you are mistaken. Try doing a billion business deal in C and then try again in English :p

Suggest you learn some history.

I prefer to teach.

Achaemenid Empire 44.5% of world's population
British Empire 20% of world's population.

A bunch in between. Britain wasn't even in the top 10. I was trying to let you down easy.

Would you like fries with burger No. 246,623,751,853?

I prefer to teach.

Achaemenid Empire 44.5% of world's population
British Empire 20% of world's population.

A bunch in between. Britain wasn't even in the top 10. I was trying to let you down easy.

Would you like fries with burger No. 246,623,751,853?
I am measuring Empire in land mass of the Earth under British rule.

I am measuring Empire in land mass of the Earth under British rule.
Yeah in population percentage terms is a tad misleading due to population growth. Also measuring land mass is odd, I presume you meant area? Saying we controlled a few billion tonnes of earth doesn't make much sense ;)

However in terms of land area we were top at 33.7 sq. km, but we were actually the biggest by population too - 458m in 1938, although my %age terms, we were not in the top 10, as BGL says.

This is rather off topic though ;)

Yeah in population percentage terms is a tad misleading due to population growth.

Think of percent of population as market share (nudging it back on topic). Population as the market. Empire as captive market.

To my original question and the answers, I feel safe building my forum in XenForo (the better product but with the newer, less established company) as converting to another product is possible and as doable as converting existing products to XenForo.

Noticed that my second choice, IP Board, has a convertor for XenForo so if anything happens with XenForo I can move the forum to IP Board.

On XenForo, I'm really liking the "Alerts", the "What's New" the "Blue Dot" to go to last message I read in a thread. I can really move around quickly to stuff I'm interested in and go right to the lastest for me and for the forum without seeing old stuff. The red alert tag in the forum browser tab is cool. Redirects person from other tabs to your forum. And XenForo's overall Mac vs. PC look and feel.

Top Bottom