1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Conversion problem with photos

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by Dakis, May 4, 2013.

1. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

I'm converting my site right now and I've hit a problem converting my vb 3.x albums to XFUserAlbums. The converter reaches 48% and then I get this error:

If someone can help me out bypass this and complete the process today I would appreciate it - I'm happy to pay for this.
    I've checked memory limits etc, doesn't look like it has anything to do with that (I've got a fairly powerful dedicated server)
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is the same error we were getting with the custom prefix script I wrote for you.

That was caused by the PHP memory limit only being 128M.

I used ini_set to increase this in your XenForo config.php file. Is that line still there? If so, what's the value?

Might be worth further increasing that. I set it to 3072M I believe. I think you told me you had a 16GB dedicated server so increasing this further might be useful. Try to increase it to 4096 and see if the importer gets further.
  3. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Yeah I've thought about that but I've already changed it to 4096M and same thing happens. :(

this is what i put it the config.php:

The funny part is the importer brings up the error at the same progress time, it doesn't go any further so I don't know. :S
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Then I wonder if there is any other sort of limit being hit.

There should be a log somewhere... PHP, MySQL or Apache log that gives more detail.

Ultimately it's a server error that interrupts the application so there's no way of XenForo being able to catch and log the error as it happens.

If there isn't a log, that you can find, then an increased logging level might need to be set. Not sure how to do that, though :(

Hopefully someone will help soon.
  5. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

I've logged in to the server, there's nothing in the apache or sql logs, so I don't know what to do. I've logged into my WHM also and put higher limits to any "server tweak settings" i found, same result :(

Anyone any other ideas I can try?