XF 1.4 Conversations, smilies, view members profiles = server error

creativeforge

Hi guys, this just started yesterday evening.

Members can start a conversation, get a notification that there is a new message, but when they click to reply any conversation in their inbox = server error.

Member: "I can confirm that you cannot read PMs sent to you by someone else. Nor can I access older PMs that are still in my Inbox. I see both the Inbox notification in the top right, and I can access my Inbox by clicking "Show All..." there, but selecting any "conversation" to actually read leads to: "A server error occurred. Please try again later."

I myself tried to upload an image on the forum and got an error message: "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process." But the file size is : 8.26 KB (8,464 bytes)

Other member wrote: "can't use smilies, also we can't view other member's profile pages."

VI-CONTROL

I read a thread about similar issues but couldn't understand what they did to fix it.

I'm also thinking the hosting may not be able to properly handle or isn't setup to handle for Xenforo.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Andre

File upload problem is most likely server (hosting) related - and the other issue may be the same. What host are you using? Have you disabled any/all add-ons to confirm it's not an add-on problem?

Hi Tracy, the server errors started yesterday, first I noticed was a loop redirect from the WordPress install on the same account, different database. Would disabling addons fix a WP issue installed on a different db? Taking a look at the TOOLS in the admin, I just got this:
http://vi-control.net/community/admin.php?tools/
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@vi-control.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at vi-control.net Port 80

I guess the host is working on it, cause I just called them.

The hosting is Vooservers.com.

Thanks!

The WP add-ons should not impact the XF site. It sounds more and more like the hosting provider is having some "serious" issues. If this is the same host you were with on the other issue, have you contemplated moving yet?

The WP add-ons should not impact the XF site. It sounds more and more like the hosting provider is having some "serious" issues. If this is the same host you were with on the other issue, have you contemplated moving yet?

Yes, I have. I looked at Nimbus, wrote them two days ago, but no reply. I need to convince my client so I need to make sure any new host will handle Xenforo and future expansions of the forum.

Yes, I have. I looked at Nimbus, wrote them two days ago, but no reply. I need to convince my client so I need to make sure any new host will handle Xenforo and future expansions of the forum.
I'm surprised you've not heard back, they are usually very good with their communications. I guess it depends on how you tried contacting them and at what time - their 'office' staff (not server staff) work weekdays UK time.

Personally I think they are great hosts and would handle the entire site move for you at no additional cost.

UPDATE FROM HOSTING:

"I had rebooted and it came back up but was showing an internal error, I am just repairing the database at the minute and will confirm when it is back online. I had a quick glance over the logs and it could be that the physical disk is possibly on its way out so we can look at replacing this for you this week if required."

Hmmmmm....

I'd have a large concern if my host told me they "could look at replacing this for you this weekend".. especially if I was on a VPS and it was hosted on THEIR server... since a failing drive would effect everybody. Same thing if it was a shared host. I'd REALLY recommend looking at another hosting company. Nimbus is usually considered top-notch.

Top Bottom