Conversation Replied via e-mail goes to me vs. user

Users that get an e-mail notice to a conversation sometimes reply to that e-mail with an e-mail vs. logging back in and entering the conversation. I end up getting these replies to my admin user.

Where is this e-mail address changed? Can I set this e-mail box separate from mine? Id like to setup an auto responder to remind these people what to do.

Thanks in advance

Andy Larkins
www.cincysoftball.com

Andy I found there are two things you can do to help mitigate this problem. The first is to add DO NOT REPLY text at the top of those emails, so people see they are notifications, not messages to reply to by email. The other which is more effective is just to remove the contents of the message from the notification (there's a setting for that). Then they HAVE to log in to see the message and reply.

To add a message to the start of the email (see if that helps first), edit both of these phrases (one is for a new message, the other is for a reply to one):

Screen shot 2012-03-10 at 22.05.29.webp

Example:

Code:
** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IT IS A NOTIFICATION ONLY ** </br>

{receiver}, {sender} started a new personal conversation with you on the {board}.

To simply remove the message from the email, go into Options > Email Options, then untick the box "Include full message text personal conversation notification emails."

What are the possible options for -f parameter? I like the fact that emails notifications showe the conversation message but some users would hit "reply" from their email client and those reply messages arrive in my hard coded "Default Email Address" (Options>Email Options). Instead, I would like the return email address to be of that specific recipient member so these replies go to their email addy.

You would need to change the code to that.

You'd also be leaking someone's email address by just receiving a conversation message by them. (Not to mention the issues relating to conversations with more than 2 people in total.)

Top Bottom