Fixed Conversation Page add media don't show

Hello,

*I have the same issue. I run some testes to figure out where is problem and I found:

By default uploading videos is turned OFF globally (Setup -> Options -> Attachments -> Allow video uploads with maximum file size ), so that's why the video pop-up windows doesn't show when clicking on the video icon.

*I also played with the groups permissions and found that:

Upload attachments to posts or Upload videos to posts if one of them is set to NO or both the video uploading icon doesn’t hide from the editor toolbar in Threads and Posts.

In Profile Posts, we don't allow attachments to work there so the video uploading icon should be removed.

*In conversations I found the permissions function is broken:

Upload attachments to conversations: doesn't do anything if it is set to NO I can always upload attachments.
Upload videos to conversations: doesn’t hide from the editor toolbar the videos uploading icon when the permission is set to NO.

I noticed that the upload video option still shows even when video uploading is disabled (as per above). Should it disappear when the option is disabled ? If this is by design, can it be removed easily enough ?

Last edited:
Thank you for reporting this issue. The issue is now resolved and we are aiming to include that in a future XF release (2.1.0 Beta 2).

Change log:
If the editor does not detect an attachment manager, and the attachment manager is not configured to accept video extensions, remove the insertVideo editor toolbar.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom