XF 2.2 BB code embed media xenforo

etwip

Hello,

What is the standard BB code for embedding media of a xenforo.com cloud hosted forum?
I tried creating an album and add embedding media which was previously uploaded the forum, but it doesn't work.
If someone could add the code for the general https://www.example.com would be great

BB Code media sites are for embedding media from external platforms like YouTube. If you want to embed internal media from the media gallery, you can use the "Gallery embed" (camera icon) button on the editor toolbar or the "Copy GALLERY BB code" button on the media item:

1709416387711.webp

Example:
[GALLERY=media, 5055][/GALLERY]

Result:

It doesn't work for attachments already added to the forum, it also doesn't work for adding embedding media to an album.
As long as the site, even if it is a xenforo, isn't added in the list of media sites, the URL containing the media keeps getting rejected.

It doesn't even work with media added already to gallery. I used the copy gallery bb code and the link got rejected. I tried this with 15 different attachments uploaded to a test gallery.

It's the same with other xenforo sites as well, I just randomly picked up one of your biggest sites using xenforo, without being a user there, no privacy settings for the attachment linked, and the link as embedded media is being rejected.

BB code media sites (the "Insert media" button / [MEDIA] BB Code) are only for embedding media from external sites, and not for embedding internal media. There is a completely separate system for embedding internal media from the gallery, via the "Gallery embed" button (the camera icon, as seen here in the rightmost "More options" drop-down), which opens the following dialog:

1709448799271.webp

Alternatively, you can use the [GALLERY] BBCode as I noted in my previous message. However, you don't paste the gallery BB code into the "Insert media" dialogue, you just paste it directly into the editor itself.

I am not referring to the media already in the gallery. I am referring to media uploaded to the forum, in a thread. None of the media uploaded to a thread can be embedded. Only the post itself quoted.

User wants to add all his media shared in a specific new thread, as well as create an album with all the media previously shared, via embed button. As for now, the only options available are:

teste.webp

• a) either re-upload all the attachments, which is out of the question, since he wants to embed it, and not do the work of an entire year, nor do I want to have double media on my forum
  • b) embed the media, which apparently only allows external media, not internal. But even this presumption is faulty, because as I've said, I have tried to embed external media from a different forum and the site was rejected, because it was not added to the lists of BB code accepted media sites.

My issue is - how can the user link to all his uploaded attachments into a new thread and/or album.
Uploaded attachments won't even embed in a different thread. They can only be quoted as an entire post.

Edit: I was informed, that uploading pdf to albums isn't working. Even though pdf files have been added as a possible source in the settings, and it can be uploaded to the forum. Only uploading pdf to a media gallery album or resources isn't working.
I have verified the settings (see below)

allowed1.webp
allowed2.webp

Last edited:
I am not referring to the media already in the gallery. I am referring to media uploaded to the forum, in a thread. None of the media uploaded to a thread can be embedded. Only the post itself quoted.
XenForo does not offer the ability to embed attachments from posts into media items in that manner. You can achieve something similar by creating gallery categories which automatically mirror forum posts, however:

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...roring-and-more.183044/#-attachment-mirroring

I have tried to embed external media from a different forum and the site was rejected, because it was not added to the lists of BB code accepted media sites.
Yes, the embed media functionality only allows embedding media from sites explicitly set up in the control panel. XenForo does not currently provide a way to embed media from other forums out of the box, though that would be possible in XF 2.3:

I was informed, that uploading pdf to albums isn't working.
The gallery only supports uploading images, videos, and audio. Those options only affect attachments to forum posts.

I run a cloud hosted forum, the listed XF version is 2.2.5, I don't find any options to upgrade, and unfortunately I cannot find the mirror option anywhere.
The "enable media list Lightbox navigation" is active, I find the phrase in the search tool "xfmg_sync_attachment_media_mirroring" but not the settings for it.

The mirror option appears when editing a media category in the control panel, or under "Advanced options" when editing a forum in the control panel.

Top Bottom