******* - Conversation Live Update [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brivium

******* submitted a new resource:

******* - Conversation Live Update - This addon allows you create live conversations that auto display new replies without refresh.

INFORMATION:
This addon allows you create live conversations that auto display new replies without require user to refresh the page.

INSTALLATION:
- Upload contents of Upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
- Install XML\addon-BRCLU_ConversationUpdate.xml file.
- Go to AdminCP -> User -> User Group Permission to set permission for each usergroups.

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: DRE
This add-on features a very simple implementation (which is good, because the less code, the less bugs) of reloading content automatically and works basically well.

However it lacks some advanced UI features like suppressing notifications, scrolling the new messages into the viewport automatically and disable pagination (and hide older messages). It just inserts new messages at the bottom of the page you are currently viewing in a conversation, no matter where you are (even at page 1 in a 4-page conversation) which may look odd to your users.

Also the "Max message" option is misleading.

However, if you want to offer your users "Live Conversation": this is it. Good job!

disable pagination (and hide older messages). It just inserts new messages at the bottom of the page you are currently viewing in a conversation, no matter where you are (even at page 1 in a 4-page conversation)
@******* don't add any of that stuff HWS mentions or if you do let us turn it off! It's great the way it is! This addon is great because it's simple! Do one like this for threads too!

Sonnb live update doesnt work on my site thats why I said you should give it a site. A simple version just like this addon would be perfect. His live update had a ton of features, i only need one and thats live update with pagination that only members experience. Id donate for that.

@DRE

Thanks for your interesting. We will develop a simple Thread Live Update as your request.

Regards.
Thanks! I've tried to get sonnb's live thread addon to work for me again just now, disabled all my addons and used the basic xenforo theme and it still didn't work, so I'm hoping your addon ends up working since I can't get that one to work.

******* updated ******* - Conversation Live Update with a new update entry:

17/03/2014: Version 1.1.0

- Added option to hide/show signature on live update.
- Added conversation tool that allow users can self-manage their conversations live update.
- Added permission to allow users can self-manage (turn on/off) conversation live update.
- Minor bug fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Doesn't work well with Waindigo Install and Upgrade:

Callback *******_ConversationLiveUpdate_EventListeners_Listener::loadClassDatawriter is invalid (Invalid Method).

Doesn't work well with Waindigo Install and Upgrade:

Callback *******_ConversationLiveUpdate_EventListeners_Listener::loadClassDatawriter is invalid (Invalid Method).

We recommend you use default XenForo install & upgrade method.

I installed this mod but I'm not seeing where to "turn it on/off" anywhere on the navbar or in member profiles. Help please!

A simple suggestion, maybe add a link to enable/disable it in the user drop down menu on the navbar. :)

Reactions: HWS
Some pretty heavy bugs with this on my install;

-duplicates of messages appear live, which disappear when conversation is closed and reopened.
-duplicates of messages appear in non-chronological order, so you get messages from a few stages back in the conversation appearing below what has just been happening.

This occurs on Windows and Mac, in Chrome (Mac), Safari (Mac) and IE (Windows)

Some pretty heavy bugs with this on my install;

-duplicates of messages appear live, which disappear when conversation is closed and reopened.
-duplicates of messages appear in non-chronological order, so you get messages from a few stages back in the conversation appearing below what has just been happening.

This occurs on Windows and Mac, in Chrome (Mac), Safari (Mac) and IE (Windows)
I'm also having a duplicate message bug. It just kept repeating, forcing me to disable the mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom